Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oda will marry, and be a dad??

Custom Title

Oda will marry, and be a dad??

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000035-spn-spo

Incredible!!

i dont have the time right now to translate it but will do it latter.

Rinkside
    DOUBLE Congratulations are in order, I'm sure. I just found out myself as well.

Awwww, high school sweet hearts, I hear?

Makes me wonder, do you reckon he had just found out about the pregnancy around the time of the World 2010? I thought at the time it was so uncharacteristic of Oda.

I'm so happy for him!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Wow~~~ Surprised^_^ But congrats to him

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Congrats to Oda and his fiance! I didn't even know he was engaged!

Custom Title
    Wow congrats. All I see is a lil boy when I see Oda. Even his mannerism seem like a kid.

Tripping on the Podium
    Here's a summary of the said-so facts:
    *Oda is engaged to his girlfriend who was his junior high schoolmate
    *Some sources say the fiance is four months pregnant
    *Oda himself hasn't made any comments yet due to his busy schedule attending major Ice Shows, but in an interview his mother did not deny the fact and clarified that "It (the marrage) should done be later when ithe busy schedule is over."
    *The news will be released within days.

Other than the above, the article included stories like; Oda's family tradition is to include the letter "信”(pronounced "shin" or "nobu") in childrens' names, so Miki made a hilarious suggestion that the baby's name should be "Nobuta" (same pronouciation with the word "Wild Pig"),

The article also says his fiance was a great support to Oda when he was banned from competitions after the drunken driving

Well , that's about it.
    Last edited by mayamae_55; 04-14-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Wow I thought it an April fool joke! Very surprised. Hope this brings good luck to his career as well.

Custom Title

this is so out of nowhere! Congrats to Nobu and his future wife!
    Any news on his future plan?

Custom Title
    Congrats to Oda! I still think of him as a little boy though, lol the 12 year old husband !

Custom Title
    What a surprise! He looked so young. Congratulations, Oda!

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koheikun90 View Post
    This is an international forum, try to speak in English please. FYI, the poster asked: "(Oda is going) to marry? (Is that) true?"

Well, the Japanese newspaper shown in the youtube clip seems to think so and said that his fiancee is a fellow high school sweetheart of same year. This seems a little surprising to me. He is a little young indeed but whatever makes him happy, it's his choice. All I can say is congratulations!

Custom Title
    Basically the article is saying he's getting married to his girlfriend he met in his 2nd year in middle school. She is rumored to be 4 months pregnant. There hasn't made an official announcement yet because he's busy with ice shows but his mother has not denied a marriage. It also talks about Nobu continuing to 2014.

I'm very happy for him. We should all wait for an official announcement first. I wonder if his girlfriend is that girl who's always yelling "Oda Kun!" before he skates.

On the Ice
    interesting tidbit about Oda Nobunari for you history buffs. his name was too similar to a historical figure so i looked it up and sure enough according to wikipedia, he is the direct descendant of Oda Nobunaga, the warlord who almost unified Japan in the 1500's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Figga View Post
    interesting tidbit about Oda Nobunari for you history buffs. his name was too similar to a historical figure so i looked it up and sure enough according to wikipedia, he is the direct descendant of Oda Nobunaga, the warlord who almost unified Japan in the 1500's.
    Not almost unified - he unified Japan, period. This is old news. Japan entered a long period of peace after Oda Nobunaga to the point that the samurai class almost became a class in name only within a few hundred of years.

Also, I believe Nobunari is the 17th descendant so his unborn child would be the 18th descendant.
    Last edited by wallylutz; 04-14-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast