Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oda will marry, and be a dad??

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Oda will marry, and be a dad??

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000035-spn-spo

Incredible!!

i dont have the time right now to translate it but will do it latter.

Rinkside
    DOUBLE Congratulations are in order, I'm sure. I just found out myself as well.

Awwww, high school sweet hearts, I hear?

Makes me wonder, do you reckon he had just found out about the pregnancy around the time of the World 2010? I thought at the time it was so uncharacteristic of Oda.

I'm so happy for him!

Mashimaro on Ice
    Wow~~~ Surprised^_^ But congrats to him

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Congrats to Oda and his fiance! I didn't even know he was engaged!

Custom Title
    Wow congrats. All I see is a lil boy when I see Oda. Even his mannerism seem like a kid.

Tripping on the Podium
    Here's a summary of the said-so facts:
    *Oda is engaged to his girlfriend who was his junior high schoolmate
    *Some sources say the fiance is four months pregnant
    *Oda himself hasn't made any comments yet due to his busy schedule attending major Ice Shows, but in an interview his mother did not deny the fact and clarified that "It (the marrage) should done be later when ithe busy schedule is over."
    *The news will be released within days.

Other than the above, the article included stories like; Oda's family tradition is to include the letter "信”(pronounced "shin" or "nobu") in childrens' names, so Miki made a hilarious suggestion that the baby's name should be "Nobuta" (same pronouciation with the word "Wild Pig"),

The article also says his fiance was a great support to Oda when he was banned from competitions after the drunken driving

Well , that's about it.
    Last edited by mayamae_55; 04-14-2010 at 12:27 AM.

On the Ice
    interesting tidbit about Oda Nobunari for you history buffs. his name was too similar to a historical figure so i looked it up and sure enough according to wikipedia, he is the direct descendant of Oda Nobunaga, the warlord who almost unified Japan in the 1500's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Figga View Post
    interesting tidbit about Oda Nobunari for you history buffs. his name was too similar to a historical figure so i looked it up and sure enough according to wikipedia, he is the direct descendant of Oda Nobunaga, the warlord who almost unified Japan in the 1500's.
    Not almost unified - he unified Japan, period. This is old news. Japan entered a long period of peace after Oda Nobunaga to the point that the samurai class almost became a class in name only within a few hundred of years.

Also, I believe Nobunari is the 17th descendant so his unborn child would be the 18th descendant.
    Last edited by wallylutz; 04-14-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Not almost unified - he unified Japan, period. This is old news. Japan entered a long period of peace after Oda Nobunaga to the point that the samurai class almost became a class in name only within a few hundred of years.

Also, I believe Nobunari is the 17th descendant so his unborn child would be the 18th descendant.
    Yeah, but I don't think that Oda is not the eldest son though.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post

yes, you're right. the brunt of the work was already done but he was betrayed on the eve of unifcation. and as you well know, Tokugawa took over and finished the job. or at least that is my understanding of japanese history as derived from the game 'nobunaga's ambition.' :P

On the Ice
    I was afraid Morozov was sleeping with him too. I'm glad that's not the case. Congrats!

I wonder if this affected his skating at the world championship. Anyway, double congratulations to Oda! I wish him a happy and lasting marriage.

yes, you're right. the brunt of the work was already done but he was betrayed on the eve of unifcation. and as you well know, Tokugawa took over and finished the job. or at least that is my understanding of japanese history as derived from the game 'nobunaga's ambition.' :P
    Isn't it a bonus that you can learn history from computer games?

At the beginning of this month, I read Nob's interview that Morosov made the decision to split with him without really talking with him (at least seen from Nob's perspective) and Nob sounded like still wanting to talk (for those who do not know the story, there is another thread on Nob leaving and Miki staying with Morosov). But now talking with Morosov would be completely irrelevant and he could just focus on looking for a new coach and new choreographer (and his mom could at least coach him anyway if he cannot find or afford one).

I wonder who funds Nob though? Is the JSF the only sponsor for Nob? Who paid Morosov? He must have been super expensive and I've never heard JSF being generous.

I thought Oly and Worlds could bring new sponsorship opportunities for Nob. But I am sorry that they did not go very well (the Oly placement was actually good, but lace problems won't help getting sponsors).

But Suguri's just gotten more than ten offers. In Suguri's case, she held a press conference to announce that she's out of sponsorship and in financial difficulty and may need to retire without a new sponsor.

Nob seems far more marketable than Suguri (no offense to her, but think it fair to say Nob has a lot more chances for podium finishes). If he really tries to search a sponsor, he could get one.

But I honestly also can picture Nob becoming an English teacher to support his family stably and giving up Sochi.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Awww, I can't wait to see baby Nobu!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    OMG I had no idea he was even in a realtionship! And we were talking about how he was too juvinille! lol. A baby will force anybody to grow up really fast. I wonder what this means for his skating. I would imagine that he would feel pressure to get a steady job to take care of his new family.
    Congrats to him, I imagine he would be a great father!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast