Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oda will marry, and be a dad??

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Not almost unified - he unified Japan, period. This is old news. Japan entered a long period of peace after Oda Nobunaga to the point that the samurai class almost became a class in name only within a few hundred of years.

Also, I believe Nobunari is the 17th descendant so his unborn child would be the 18th descendant.
    Yeah, but I don't think that Oda is not the eldest son though.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Not almost unified - he unified Japan, period. This is old news. Japan entered a long period of peace after Oda Nobunaga to the point that the samurai class almost became a class in name only within a few hundred of years.

Also, I believe Nobunari is the 17th descendant so his unborn child would be the 18th descendant.
    yes, you're right. the brunt of the work was already done but he was betrayed on the eve of unifcation. and as you well know, Tokugawa took over and finished the job. or at least that is my understanding of japanese history as derived from the game 'nobunaga's ambition.' :P

On the Ice
    I was afraid Morozov was sleeping with him too. I'm glad that's not the case. Congrats!

I wonder if this affected his skating at the world championship. Anyway, double congratulations to Oda! I wish him a happy and lasting marriage.

yes, you're right. the brunt of the work was already done but he was betrayed on the eve of unifcation. and as you well know, Tokugawa took over and finished the job. or at least that is my understanding of japanese history as derived from the game 'nobunaga's ambition.' :P
    Isn't it a bonus that you can learn history from computer games?

At the beginning of this month, I read Nob's interview that Morosov made the decision to split with him without really talking with him (at least seen from Nob's perspective) and Nob sounded like still wanting to talk (for those who do not know the story, there is another thread on Nob leaving and Miki staying with Morosov). But now talking with Morosov would be completely irrelevant and he could just focus on looking for a new coach and new choreographer (and his mom could at least coach him anyway if he cannot find or afford one).

I wonder who funds Nob though? Is the JSF the only sponsor for Nob? Who paid Morosov? He must have been super expensive and I've never heard JSF being generous.

I thought Oly and Worlds could bring new sponsorship opportunities for Nob. But I am sorry that they did not go very well (the Oly placement was actually good, but lace problems won't help getting sponsors).

But Suguri's just gotten more than ten offers. In Suguri's case, she held a press conference to announce that she's out of sponsorship and in financial difficulty and may need to retire without a new sponsor.

Nob seems far more marketable than Suguri (no offense to her, but think it fair to say Nob has a lot more chances for podium finishes). If he really tries to search a sponsor, he could get one.

But I honestly also can picture Nob becoming an English teacher to support his family stably and giving up Sochi.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Awww, I can't wait to see baby Nobu!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    OMG I had no idea he was even in a realtionship! And we were talking about how he was too juvinille! lol. A baby will force anybody to grow up really fast. I wonder what this means for his skating. I would imagine that he would feel pressure to get a steady job to take care of his new family.
    Congrats to him, I imagine he would be a great father!

I'm so happy for him!

Congrats to Oda. Wishing him the best.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Congrats to Nobunari. What an amazing history and legacy his family also has.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Isn't it a bonus that you can learn history from computer games?
    Hah...people laugh, but I've learned a lot from my video/computer games. Especially Civilization!

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    I was afraid Morozov was sleeping with him too. I'm glad that's not the case. Congrats!

In Japanese
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...0009-maip-soci

Nob has filed the marriage paper. He also confirms that a baby is coming.

Congrats!

He does look babyish in so many ways, but he also looks like a type of person who grows into a good husband and a father in the future

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

He does look babyish in so many ways, but he also looks like a type of person who grows into a good husband and a father in the future
    Agreed. He seems like a very sweet and kind person. I wish him and his bride all the best with thier new family!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    If he continues to compete, I think this will improve his skating. Having a child can result in a person gaining more maturity and a greater depth of emotion.

Or at least it will make him seem less immature to judges.

He'll have multiple roles: a husband, father, student, and skater.

As a skater, he needs to find a new coach/choreographer and start fresh after what happened at Oly and Worlds. As a husband/father, he needs to support the family at least during the time when the wife is taking off from work for giving a birth. Getting adjusted to a marital life per se can also be a lot of work. As a student, he needs to get enough credits and do some internship at a primary/secondary school because he wants to become a teacher.

Each deserves full-time commitment and most of the said roles are new for him. This past season, he was taking the leave of absence from school, staying with the same coach/choreographer Morosov, and was not married or a father. It would be an understatement to say that it would not be easy to do them all. I think that he would eventually need to make a decision about his priority. Otherwise, things could get unorganized.

ETA: Retrospectively speaking, his interview in the beginning of April is a little puzzling. He said that Morosov decided without talking with Nob even though he assumed that he would follow wherever Morosov went. But if Nob were to marry at this timing, moving with Morosov would have been out of question anyway.

ETA2: I had thought it possible that he had made the marriage decision after that interview in early April. Now that I have learned that Nob would train in Canada, however, he might have actually been hoping to train in Russia despite his marriage had Morosov been willing to bring him.
    Last edited by Bennett; 04-25-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2