Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Yuzuru Hanyu

Wow, he's great! (from Japan SOI) I thought he could only skate to "soft" music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v92OqoJXYNc

Medalist
    It seems that his jumps have great flow to them and height as well. He has a wonderful 3A ^^.. He has all of the triples as well.. hm. Can't wait for him next season. However he seems very tall and has grown a lot... he's probably 5'9 now. I hope puberty does not affect his progress.

Custom Title
    He is fantastic. He's such a lyrical skater. I think it's a little early to make predictions on how successful he will be once he's on the senior circuit, but granted puberty doesn't derail his jumping, I definitely see him being one of the top skaters in seasons to come.

Custom Title
    Hanyu seems very motivated and determined. I like his skating more than Denis Ten's.

Custom Title
    Yeah, he's great! Maybe Mao should date him instead of Koz ?

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Mao's dating Koz?

No way. They're your ideal pairing, huh?

Custom Title
    I don't think puberty should be to much of an issue with Yuzuru. In fact, puberty has only benefited most men skaters. Men increase in muscle development and stamina with age. He's on the right track. There are aspects to his technical skating that can be improved like the height of this jumps and speed but when his physique develops, he will only get stronger. I think he's only 5'7" but definitely looks a lot taller because of his long limbs. Look at Yagudin and Plushenko. They were prodigies at 15 and 16 years old and only improved with age. If anything puberty will probably affect his flexibility.

I've said it many times but I think he is the most talented 15 year old skater I've ever seen. I first saw him at a competition a few years ago when he was 11 years old and I was blow away. It's only a matter of time when he will take over the top spot in Japan and perhaps in the world. His greatest strength is the component scores and to have that developed at 15 years old, I can't imagine the type of programs he will put together in the future. From an outside prospective, I think his coach is doing a good job fostering and cultivating his talent. I don't see any signs of burn out or training skills beyond his ability.

Btw, I think Mao Asada and Kohei Uchimura would be cute couple. Haha. I know this is a figure skating forum but for those who don't know, Kohei Uchimura is the current world gymnastics all around champion.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I love this little boy, he is spectacular , in Junior Worlds he was the best by far, everytime i see him in a video he has grown a few inches more, i think he grew up since March that I saw him in Hague He has everything, talent, strong personality, amazing skills, combines many skaters together, i ve read also a couple of interviews with him and he is sooooo sweet and guess who is his idol
    For now I m rooting Takahiko but I think in the future he will be the number one in Japan and worldwide.

Custom Title
    Hanyu is very tall right now, much taller from when he was in junior world,sohe is little less cute I hope getting taller doesn't make any harm to his skating. From the video his skating is as good as always,I think his spin is a bit faster. If he decide to compete in senior next year, I hope to see him doing well and get a deserving PCS because I love his present on ice so much.

Good Luck Yuzuru Kun.

Hanyu For OGM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will root for you til you get it.
    Last edited by treeloving; 04-14-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Four years difference is nothing for many adults, but for someone who's nineteen, a 15-year old may not seem eligible, and vice versa Though sometimes that could happen

BTW, silverlake22, is it only you and me on the board who refer to Kozuka as Koz and Nobu as Nob?