Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yuzuru Hanyu

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    WHAT is in Japan's water?!?!? Just from the first 20 seconds of the choreography I almost died from his difficult footwork. I cant help but be very impressed with the skating skills exhibited from the Japanese men and women. Yuzuru's talent is undeniable, I will give him a few more years until he could be considered as a top contender for the go0ld in Sochi. Wow, just watching this new bloom of talent from Yuzuru, Rippon, Kozuka, and the Russian gals has overrode my disappointment of the retirements from the likes of Lambiel and others.

I love Yuzuru! I can definately see him as a World champion someday!

His skating is very fast. Yuz has big jumps with great speed, flow, height, and distance. That would earn lots of GOE. Also his spins are good, not as good at Mirai or Zhang, but fast, centered spins with difficult variation. Amazing flexibility in biellmann (spelling?) and layback ina bauer. Not many ladies can do them. The only thing is that he looks down on the ice a lot even though his overall posture is not bad when I see his FS. He is not hunched as Oda, Koz, or Miki. But he still needs to look up the audience. He also may benefit from ballet training. With his flexibility, he will shine even more with adding more polish and elegance.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Also his spins are good, not as good at Mirai or Zhang, but fast, centered spins with difficult variation. Amazing flexibility in biellmann (spelling?) and layback ina bauer. Not many ladies can do them.
    I dont think Yuzuru should be compared alongside Mirai or Caroline. Since he is a man and they are women, it would be more appropriate to compare him with other males, like Lambiel. Lambiel is the cream of the crop , yet I feel that Yuzuru can hold his own as well when it comes to spinning.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Great skater! Must keep an eye out for him. Thanks for the clip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2