Pairs LP scores | Golden Skate

Pairs LP scores

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well at least Bella and Patch placed third in the free... still they're 4th overall... congrats to Zhang & Zhang....

Lcp88

On the Ice
Scott and Dulebohn placed SECOND?!?! Wow. I'm in shock. Maybe US Pairs has a hope....
Laura

euterpe

Medalist
Look at the TECH scores. Totmianina/Marinin had the 2nd lowest score of the 8 pairs. They managed to place 4th in the FS and second overall on the strength of their Skating Components. That IS puzzling. Their strength was always their technical consistency, not their robotic delivery.

Anyhow, congrats to Zhang/Zhang and Scott/Dulebohn.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
OMG!!! I can't believe T&M lost! They win over S&Z, and then loose to Z&Z... No wonder they choose SA as non-scoring!!!

Antilles

Medalist
Crazy. L&A aren't doing so well this season, must be nerves, because they have nice programs. Now they only have one shot to medal in the GP. Did T&M totally fall apart?

dewet

Final Flight
Verrry interesting, congrats to Z/Z!:) It looks like T/M really bombed, but I heard Maxim had a fever prior to the event. In the ISU press release, all the medalists commented that they weren't happy with their performances, but I guess that Scott and Dulebohn and the Zhangs have to be happy with their placements. Almost all the pairs except one beat T/M in the technical score so T/M's program components helped them from falling off the podium, and I guess they're relieved that still silver medalists after how they skated.

T and M are vulnerable. Happy for S and D. Not surprised with Z and Z.

I think the upcoming Worlds will have a very serious competition in Pairs.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
Crazy. L&A aren't doing so well this season, must be nerves, because they have nice programs. Now they only have one shot to medal in the GP. Did T&M totally fall apart?

It is puzzling... as far as Skate Canada was concerned, Anabelle's dress was too tight and was distracting her(Patrice told all on their official website) however, this time around I'm wondering if they were just preoccupied with what happened at SC as they went over early to get used to teh Time Difference

mzheng

Record Breaker
In FSU someone posted:

"
Tot/Mar- DISASTER

Both fell on 3sal

Touch down on 3T

mistake on twist

AND had an aborted lift!

"

I'm not suprised at 'an aborted lift'. Was it in SC or ? The had the problem in one of their lift - It was one hand lift. Seems like MM can't hold TT.

Last edited by a moderator:
mZheng - It might not be MM's fault. It takes two to lift. If she fails to do a good jump up or takeoff, he's got to do extra work. It's not always easy to see who is at fault but the male partner will be blamed anyway. Not fair all the time.

Joe

rain

Record Breaker
Pairs

I was really hoping L&A would do better this season, and I love both their programs, but it looks like they haven't put it all together yet. I'm still hoping they have a great nationals and peak towards worlds.

T/M must really have had a disaster. Does anyone know if they did Cotton Club again or actually debuted this season's new free skate?

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Does anyone know if they did Cotton Club again or actually debuted this season's new free skate?

They did Cotton Club. Both fell and sbs Sals, both had problem on sbs 3t/2t (only she recovered from 3t problen enough to do 2t after steps), and 3twist was bad. Overall, sluggish presentation.

rain

Record Breaker
pairs

Thanks for the information regarding T/M. Looks like they really did have a disaster. I always find them a little sluggish on the presentation side of things but they are usually solid technically. Ouch.

dfj

On the Ice
Re: Pairs

rain said:
Does anyone know if they did Cotton Club again or actually debuted this season's new free skate?

I don't think they have a new FP do they? I thought they kept Cotton Club for this season.