Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Joannie Rochette Rivalry For 2008-2010?

Quote Originally Posted by skateflatt View Post
    So much stuff for Mao/Yuna. Let's talk about Joannie and her rival in the past 2 seasons.
    I have to admit that Mao and Joannie were so close to each other face to face.

They have met five times face to face:

Medal count and standing:

2008-09 World Championship/ Joannie (silver) / Mao (4th place)
    2008-09 Four Continent/ Joanne (silver)/ Mao (bronze)
    2008-09 Grand Prix Final/ Joannie (4th place)/ Mao (gold)
    2008-09 Trophee Eric Bombard/ Joannie (gold)/ Mao (silver)
    2010 Vancouver Olympic/ Joanni bronze)/ Mao (silver)

Joannie wins 3 vs. Mao 2
    Joannie/Mao share same medals: 1 gold, 2 sivler, 1 bronze, 4th place (exactly same for both!)

Now in terms of scores and average scores:

2008-09 World Championship/ Joannie (191.29)/ Mao (188.09)
    2008-09 Four Continent/ Joannie (183.91)/ Mao(176.52)
    2008-09 Grand Prix Final/ Joannie(166.36)/ Mao(188.55)
    2008-09 Trophee Eric Bombard/ Joannie(180.73)/ Mao(167.59)
    2010 Vancouver Olympic/ Joannie(202.64)/ Mao(205.50)

Five Events Average Scores for Joannie (184.99) and Mao (185.25).
    There is Only 0.26 differences between these two. Isn't it the Best Rivalry between 2008-2010?
    Your thoughts?
    Well,considering the results of the last two seasons joannie is definitely a rival since she beat moa asada head to head competitions,a very interesting rivalry it would be lol

Anyways,Joannie owned Mao Asada more often in those 2 seasons,if she had participated in the world champions she'd might have gotten gold as well
    Last edited by ordinary person; 04-19-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Well,considering the results of the last two seasons joannie is definitely a rival since she beat moa asada head to head competitions,a very interesting rivalry it would be lol

Anyways,Joannie owned Mao Asada more often in those 2 seasons,if she had participated in the world champions she'd might have gotten gold as well
    She really needs a Gold medal thou...

Yeah,i'm sure she will get one

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Yeah,i'm sure she will get one
    I doubt it. I really don't think Joannie will come back to competitive skating, and if she did I can't see her beating both Yu-na and Mao. If she was going to get a World Championship title her best shot would have been this year when yu-na fell apart, but Joannie was not there and even if she was Mao skated lights out.

I love Joannie and would like nothing more than to see her snatch a world title but without a 3/3 I don't see that happening unless both of the top ladies make mistakes.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Why do you think Joannie will not come back to competitive skating? I seem to recall her saying that she'd like to continue for a season or two at least before the games.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I doubt it. I really don't think Joannie will come back to competitive skating, and if she did I can't see her beating both Yu-na and Mao. If she was going to get a World Championship title her best shot would have been this year when yu-na fell apart, but Joannie was not there and even if she was Mao skated lights out.

I love Joannie and would like nothing more than to see her snatch a world title but without a 3/3 I don't see that happening unless both of the top ladies make mistakes.
    Well her 3t-1/2lo-3sal is technically a 3-3 and apparently she was doing 3lz-3t in practice this year and intended to do it in competition. I tend to think she has a 3-3 and was more focused on keeping it clean during the Olympic season, now that it's over, she might be willing to take more risks. I tend to think she'll stick around for a couple more years at least.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Awww, thanks for posting! She's SO adorable and SO sweet! Joannie!

Banned
    Joannie can't beat Mao or Yuna technically and many medals and scores in figureskating have nothing to do with what happened on the ice. Joannie has qualities that only the great skaters have. She is a skater's skater. Her basics are so beautiful that you want to watch her. She skates seamlessly, not as if she is out there to rack up points and grimly determined to win. I can only say that I would rather watch her than any other eligible. No, I'm not canadian. Her maturity is that of Kwam, Yuka, Janet Lynn. She's very sophisticated and uses her whole body in her skating. After watching so many skaters in this big year, it is her programs that will be remembered the most. Heart and soul, she is the most lovely skater out there. I think she said she wants to win one more Canadian title, so I hope she does do it one more year.

Rinkside
    Thnx for the pics~

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Joannie can't beat Mao or Yuna technically and many medals and scores in figureskating have nothing to do with what happened on the ice. Joannie has qualities that only the great skaters have. She is a skater's skater. Her basics are so beautiful that you want to watch her. She skates seamlessly, not as if she is out there to rack up points and grimly determined to win. I can only say that I would rather watch her than any other eligible. No, I'm not canadian. Her maturity is that of Kwam, Yuka, Janet Lynn. She's very sophisticated and uses her whole body in her skating. After watching so many skaters in this big year, it is her programs that will be remembered the most. Heart and soul, she is the most lovely skater out there. I think she said she wants to win one more Canadian title, so I hope she does do it one more year.
    Isn't this thread between Jo Ro and Mao?? What is your point of putting Yuna in here?? Another Mao/Yuna thread??
    Last edited by skateflatt; 04-21-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Joannie may not be a rival, but she is certainly a threat. A BIG threat. Who else can consistently put together a 7-triple program with seamless transitions, stunning choreography and grace? She also struggled during the 07-08 season to fix her flutz, so that now she has no technical issues that could give her a hard time. All she lacks is a 3-3. I can't take anything else from her. She's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Joannie may not be a rival, but she is certainly a threat. A BIG threat. Who else can consistently put together a 7-triple program with seamless transitions, stunning choreography and grace? She also struggled during the 07-08 season to fix her flutz, so that now she has no technical issues that could give her a hard time. All she lacks is a 3-3. I can't take anything else from her. She's amazing.
    Yeah, I agree that Joannie may not be a rival but a threat. I read in Miki's book that she is good friends with Caro and Joannie because they are in the same cohort (Joannie is a bit older though) and has competed against each other since Juniors so that each one is kind of conscious about each other (Just to note that she isn't saying anything about the Caro-Joannie relationship, but her relaitonships with these two). To be considered rivals, such long-term competitions may be necessary both for fans and skaters themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post

I wouldn't say lights out,but the topic was about 2 seasons alone,so that means yeah she beat mao asada 3 times and lost to her only two,why say she can't beat mao then cause the facts are there.

Custom Title
    Only Worlds, Olympics and Nationals matter-or so I was told many times about Sasha and her gpf win and her status of being a champion figure skater Any way I agree that Joannie is probably more a threat then ia rival. Because of the off ice component. And I don't mean hating on each other but press and fan reaction. Also because Mao's focus has been to get the 2 triple axel's good enough to be credited more so then wining anything other then the Olympics. I personally rather watch Joannie compete though because Mao the past two years has been obsessed with those triple axel's. Joannie has learned to relax while Mao has been on edge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4