Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions for Plushenko's new programmes

Custom Title
    I liked Plushenko´s Vancouver exhibition number very much. If he could bring that kind of performing into his competitive skating, I would appreciate it.

Generally I hope from his future programmes: "nothing to do with Marton anymore", please.... I also think that having a good CoP choreography with transitions, one that actually would be created to the music and skated to that music, would be a wonderful change. I don´t want to see empty, frontloaded programmes from him anymore. If he is unable to adjust to CoP, it would be best to retire, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-20-2010 at 02:58 AM.

My suggestions:

Get the arms under control and stop looking like you're trying to wave away a swarm of bees.

Do _not_ pucker lips like a New Jersey Guido.

Do _not_ shake hips.

Learn a new word: T-R-A-N-S-I-T-I-O-N-S

Get outside comfort zone.

That is all..... for now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I liked Plushenko´s Vancouver exhibition number very much. If he could bring that kind of performing into his competitive skating, I would appreciate it.

Generally I hope from his future programmes: "nothing to do with Marton anymore", please.... I also think that having a good CoP choreography with transitions, one that actually would be created to the music and skated to that music, would be a wonderful change. I don´t want to see empty, frontloaded programmes from him anymore. If he is unable to adjust to CoP, it would be best to retire, in my opinion.
    I think that the frontloading and lack of transitions all stems from the quad/triple he does. It is the same thing with Joubert who also does a quad/triple. The issue with them is just because you can do something doesn't mean you should if it limits the potential to do other things. Like who does a quad/triple or quad/double and is seen to have great transitions and backloads jumps? No one because they don't exist. Eventually no skater will do quad combos.

Banned
    well that's too bad, I like seeing the quad combos. Very difficuly, exciting and beautiful. And Masculine!.

Custom Title
    The only thing I wish he could understand : ENTERTAIN, DON'T IRRITATE !

Thank you. Would be nice to see a soft program with human-like feelings or sense of humour.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Like who does a quad/triple or quad/double and is seen to have great transitions and backloads jumps? No one because they don't exist. Eventually no skater will do quad combos.
    Well, that is just one combination, which Plushenko does in the beginning of the programme. It should not prevent him from doing transitions before other jumps, like other skaters are able to do (e.g. with triple axel/double toe combination and other triple jumps).

BTW, in 2007 US Nationals Evan jumped a quad/triple toe combination and had transitions before his other jumps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zJXcviX0I
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Well, that is just one combination, which Plushenko does in the beginning of the programme. It should not prevent him from doing transitions before other jumps, like other skaters are able to do
    Yeah a single quad-triple combo at the beginning of the program is not a "get out of having to do transitions card".

Judges, I think, don't mind if you don't do transitions before a quad(combo). But that's what? fifteen seconds out of the program? what happened to the other four minutes?

Custom Title
    Well, that is just one combination, which Plushenko does in the beginning of the programme. It should not prevent him from doing transitions before other jumps, like other skaters are able to do (e.g. with triple axel/double toe combination and other triple jumps).

BTW, in 2007 US Nationals Evan jumped a quad/triple toe combination and had transitions before his other jumps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zJXcviX0I
    Like other skaters? That's certainly not a long list! Joubert is one and then you had lambiel but he had no triple axel the past season. He said something like he'd rather do all jumps right than falter on a jump after doing a transition into the jump. I saw he did one spread eagle between his quad triple and triple axel-that is not going to be highly scored.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Oh i m sure lysacek is the whole packet there, just difficult to compare, because it is easy to remember the competition(s) lysacek did the quad in lp (and had the transitions of course) and it is as much easy to remember the competition(s) plushenko did not do the quad (and had no transitions of course) in both lp ad sp (since quad was allowed there).

Now Evan is brought into a thread about Plushy's new programs

Makes sense as the best thing for Plushy's chances would be for Evan to stay retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2