Suggestions for Plushenko's new programmes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Suggestions for Plushenko's new programmes

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Like who does a quad/triple or quad/double and is seen to have great transitions and backloads jumps? No one because they don't exist. Eventually no skater will do quad combos.

Well, that is just one combination, which Plushenko does in the beginning of the programme. It should not prevent him from doing transitions before other jumps, like other skaters are able to do (e.g. with triple axel/double toe combination and other triple jumps).

BTW, in 2007 US Nationals Evan jumped a quad/triple toe combination and had transitions before his other jumps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zJXcviX0I

Last edited:

Mafke

Medalist
Well, that is just one combination, which Plushenko does in the beginning of the programme. It should not prevent him from doing transitions before other jumps, like other skaters are able to do

Yeah a single quad-triple combo at the beginning of the program is not a "get out of having to do transitions card".

Judges, I think, don't mind if you don't do transitions before a quad(combo). But that's what? fifteen seconds out of the program? what happened to the other four minutes?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, that is just one combination, which Plushenko does in the beginning of the programme. It should not prevent him from doing transitions before other jumps, like other skaters are able to do (e.g. with triple axel/double toe combination and other triple jumps).

BTW, in 2007 US Nationals Evan jumped a quad/triple toe combination and had transitions before his other jumps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zJXcviX0I

Like other skaters? That's certainly not a long list! Joubert is one and then you had lambiel but he had no triple axel the past season. He said something like he'd rather do all jumps right than falter on a jump after doing a transition into the jump. I saw he did one spread eagle between his quad triple and triple axel-that is not going to be highly scored.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh i m sure lysacek is the whole packet there, just difficult to compare, because it is easy to remember the competition(s) lysacek did the quad in lp (and had the transitions of course) and it is as much easy to remember the competition(s) plushenko did not do the quad (and had no transitions of course) in both lp ad sp (since quad was allowed there):).

janetfan

Match Penalty
Now Evan is brought into a thread about Plushy's new programs :think:

Makes sense as the best thing for Plushy's chances would be for Evan to stay retired ;)