Thread: If you could meet any skater and ask any question, who/what would it be?

Hybrid View

Banned

If you could meet any skater and ask any question, who/what would it be?

I actually thought of this regarding Vlad's nice interview with Rachel Flatt... but I can't make up my mind. It doesn't have to be totally serious and I hope we can have some fun without people criticizing other's choices or questions and must we be always PC? Inquiring minds want to know. Be nice to fellow posters please.

I think I'd like to have dinner with Alexei Yagudin. He used to be on the internet and was good about answering pms. When I heard he was going to use "Requiem" for his short program, I explained that might not be a good choice of music, too heavy, too serious. I recall he politely said thank you but he had people who advised him. Somehow this was scrapped and his SP program was changed to "Winter." It is prolly the most memorable men's SP and I loved it totally. It was brilliant.

I haven't met many big name skaters and would love to know if he remembers me writing to him why he should get different music for Salt Lake Oly. I guess others thought it would be a downer/dirge type SP, too as somehow they scrapped it, thankfully. Wish Tarasova had scrapped Mao's "Bells" but that's another story.
    Last edited by Bijoux; 04-17-2010 at 09:17 AM.

If I met Miki (I hope someday I will!), I'll be too ecstatic to even say anything!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    If I met Miki (I hope someday I will!), I'll be too ecstatic to even say anything!
    Well, cool you are from Portugal! Do you live any where near Fatima? I have read all about it for years and would love to visit Our Lady.

And I hope you do meet Miki. She gave a great gala performance in Vancouver. One of the best i thought.

On the Ice
    To Pasha "What had you done?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Well, cool you are from Portugal! Do you live any where near Fatima? I have read all about it for years and would love to visit Our Lady.
    No, I don't live near Fátima. I live in Azores, which is very far from Fátima!

I've been fortunate to meet quite a few skaters while attending US Nationals in 2005, 2006, and 2008 (wow it'll be a long time between the last time I went and the next time I hope to go). I don't remember really asking a lot of questions (outside of chatting with Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov) I normally don't have much to say as it's such a short meeting, and IF it's longer I don't bother them with as many questions as we just chat about teh competition or whatever. It's fun to listen to skaters snark about another part of the competition/event or just act like the rest of the crowd.

I guess if I were to ask a question of a skater... hmmm... I don't know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikoto View Post
    To Pasha "What had you done?"
    Mikoto, do you mean Pasha Grishuk the Ice dancer? Are you referring to the scandal where she stole away I think, Alexander Zhulin? I recall NBC even telling us she wore his wedding ring around her neck. She is the only famous Pasha I know.

On the Ice
    Mikoto, do you mean Pasha Grishuk the Ice dancer? Are you referring to the scandal where she stole away I think, Alexander Zhulin? I recall NBC even telling us she wore his wedding ring around her neck. She is the only famous Pasha I know.
    Yes, Oksana "Pasha" Grishuk.
    I want to know detail.

Custom Title
    Pasha stole away Zhulin? I have always thought it was the other way round, an about 10 years older man seducing a young girl of eighteen, a teenager....
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-28-2010 at 02:59 AM.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    i've possibly met all of the current skaters at 2009 worlds...except for delobel/schoenfelder

i would ask Isabelle to teach me how to do their signature move - looks like laying down on ice.

Custom Title
    I don't have any important question to ask skaters. The skater I wanted to meet the most right now is Patrick Chan. I want to tell him that he will be very much loved if he could learn from Michelle Kwan how to handle the press and deal with the relationship of fellow competitors.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I'd like to get a bunch of skaters together and get them to pick music for their competitors to skate to. Could you imagine what Johnny would pick for Evan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I'd like to get a bunch of skaters together and get them to pick music for their competitors to skate to. Could you imagine what Johnny would pick for Evan?
    How fun!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I want to ask many what flavor of ice cream they like but i am always embarassed to ask. :o

Rinkside
    It would be Evgeni Plushenko.
    I would ask him, what he wants to do with his career; whether he still in the future will compete.

This question really, really bothers me. He is so unpredictable. He could retire, but I wouldn´t be surprised at all, if he´d take another three-season break and then return to the next Olympics.

I cant wait following seasons to see what happens. If he retires, it makes me very sad, because there´s no one that could reach his level.