Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If you could meet any skater and ask any question, who/what would it be?

Custom Title
    I wish someone would ask Michelle what possessed her to leave Frank Carroll just before the 2002 Olympics. She practically had the victory in her hands! If she'd remained with him, I'm sure she would have stayed upright on her blades through that lamentable jump--the one where I lost my heart somewhere on the floor after it leaped out of my mouth--and she would have won the OGM. But she's a lady, and I doubt she would ever say why she left except in vague terms. In any case, I doubt I'd be rude enough to ask. If I met her, I'd just burble and babble, I'm sure.

I actually think I'd like to meet Lori Nichol. It isn't just the choreography; it's her music choices. Of all the skating community, she's the one I'd most like to talk music-dork talk with. I'd probably end up pressing a list of my suggested music pieces on her and being embarrassed forever after, but it would be worth it!

Though I adore Kurt, I'm likely to faint if I ever meet him. He also seems rather guarded in the way he speaks about things. On the other hand, Paul Wylie seems like someone who would have a lot of interesting stories and observations, and he'd probably have great reminiscences of the golden tour years of Stars on Ice.

And I'd like to meet Yuka. She seems both nice and articulate, and I'd love to hear her view of the skating life.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Though I adore Kurt, I'm likely to faint if I ever meet him. He also seems rather guarded in the way he speaks about things. On the other hand, Paul Wylie seems like someone who would have a lot of interesting stories and observations, and he'd probably have great reminiscences of the golden tour years of Stars on Ice.
    I don't think Kurt's all that guarded. He's pretty frank - and has been lately as well - when it comes to what he sees in skating. He just is more polite when commentating than, say, Dick Button.

And, yeah, he has that power to make a girl feel woozy, but I managed to stay on my feet (though I look completely psycho in the photo). Kurt made me cry.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 04-17-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    And I'd like to meet Yuka. She seems both nice and articulate, and I'd love to hear her view of the skating life.
    Yeah, that'll be cool...she really is one of the best show skaters I've seen.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I would ask Michelle what she most regreted in her life.

I'd like to hear political views of Johnny Weir.

I'm not sure what I would ask, but I would definitely want to meet Midori Ito.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I don't think Kurt's all that guarded. He's pretty frank - and has been lately as well - when it comes to what he sees in skating. He just is more polite when commentating than, say, Dick Button.

And, yeah, he has that power to make a girl feel woozy, but I managed to stay on my feet (though I look completely psycho in the photo). Kurt made me cry.
    How lovely, Tonichelle! I just read your post that you linked to. Oh, man; now if I ever meet him, I will not only faint--I'll revive and bounce off the walls to the ceiling. That guy is as wonderful off the ice as he is on. He's always been my favorite male skater anyway, but now I add him to the top of what I call my "swoon list" as well.

Remember when he didn't medal at his last-chance Olympics, the 1994 Games, and fans in Canada donated gold jewelry to make him a special medal? Plainly he deserves it on all levels.

So I'd want to meet Kurt, even if I end up speaking nothing but gibberish in his presence, but I'd still like to meet Paul Wylie as well, and Michelle, and Yuka.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    i've possibly met all of the current skaters at 2009 worlds...except for delobel/schoenfelder

i would ask Isabelle to teach me how to do their signature move - looks like laying down on ice.

Custom Title
    I don't have any important question to ask skaters. The skater I wanted to meet the most right now is Patrick Chan. I want to tell him that he will be very much loved if he could learn from Michelle Kwan how to handle the press and deal with the relationship of fellow competitors.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I'd like to get a bunch of skaters together and get them to pick music for their competitors to skate to. Could you imagine what Johnny would pick for Evan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I'd like to get a bunch of skaters together and get them to pick music for their competitors to skate to. Could you imagine what Johnny would pick for Evan?
    How fun!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I want to ask many what flavor of ice cream they like but i am always embarassed to ask. :o

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I want to ask many what flavor of ice cream they like but i am always embarassed to ask. :o
    Oh, I like this one, seniorita!

Custom Title
    I would ask Jeff Buttle if he wanted to go see a movie with me or something. I think we would make a hella cute couple...

My husband keeps asking me to ask the figure skaters we meet "Who are your favorite cartoon characters?" I'm too embarrassed to ask that though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast