Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If you could meet any skater and ask any question, who/what would it be?

Off the topic, but this is one of the nicest threads full of appreciation of skaters. I thank the poster who started it.

Custom Title
    Takahiko Kozuka: ask him if I can hug him.. He looks so hug-able. But I'd chicken out. I had my chance in Turin. At least I saw him smile at a 50cm radius. That was great too

He'd blush bright red!

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    I'd like to meet Plushy! Instead of asking questions, I'd probably be more apt to tell what him I enjoy about his skating...

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I would LIKE to ask Sasha about her training habits in order to discover whether there is any truth in the persistent rumor that she's lazy, underprepared, and unwilling to work on her weaknesses - I'm so tired of hearing this theme repeated without evidence! But in reality I would never be able to be so rude!

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    here I was thinking the question would be 'will you marry me?' I would be tempted to say it, if I had any courage at all
    I'd like to ask him that - but I don't think I have the guts.....

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I would LIKE to ask Sasha about her training habits in order to discover whether there is any truth in the persistent rumor that she's lazy, underprepared, and unwilling to work on her weaknesses - I'm so tired of hearing this theme repeated without evidence! But in reality I would never be able to be so rude!
    I'm kind of the same way. If I could meet any skaters and ask any question it would be:

1. Sasha Cohen. Does she wish she had started her comeback sooner? Does she regret those three years she took off from competitive skating?

2. Yuna Kim. How come you don't point your feet?

But obviously, I'd never ever ask those questions if I got to meet them as a fan! That would be so rude! I'd just tell them they are two of my all-time favorite skaters and try to let them know how much joy their skating brings me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Mikoto, do you mean Pasha Grishuk the Ice dancer? Are you referring to the scandal where she stole away I think, Alexander Zhulin? I recall NBC even telling us she wore his wedding ring around her neck. She is the only famous Pasha I know.
    Pasha stole away Zhulin? I have always thought it was the other way round, an about 10 years older man seducing a young girl of eighteen, a teenager....
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-28-2010 at 02:59 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Takahiko Kozuka: ask him if I can hug him.. He looks so hug-able. But I'd chicken out. I had my chance in Turin. At least I saw him smile at a 50cm radius. That was great too
    Oh i want that too for takahiko :o. You should totally try it and tell me if it works Once i asked plushy for a hug and i thought i would die right after, but i got it plus i got a kiss as a bonus and now it has become a regular thing whenever i see him

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh i want that too for takahiko :o. You should totally try it and tell me if it works Once i asked plushy for a hug and i thought i would die right after, but i got it plus i got a kiss as a bonus and now it has become a regular thing whenever i see him
    Really, Seniorita? How cool. I guess that gives me hope for future encounters with Kurt Browning (at whose feet I will surely faint).

Rinkside
    I literally spent years of my life fantasizing about meeting Michelle Kwan and what I would say to her. When i finally got the chance/honor when I met her last year at Worlds in LA my mind went blank. I was in shock and barely said two words to her as I got her autograph and picture. The minute she walked about i started crying, out of happiness of course. I wished I could somehow show her what an influence she has been on my life, but I will probably never find the words to express something like that.

Rinkside
    I'd probably gather Mao and Yuna together and dance around them in a circle singing "Why Can't We Be Friends?".

Rinkside
    It would be Evgeni Plushenko.
    I would ask him, what he wants to do with his career; whether he still in the future will compete.

This question really, really bothers me. He is so unpredictable. He could retire, but I wouldn´t be surprised at all, if he´d take another three-season break and then return to the next Olympics.

I cant wait following seasons to see what happens. If he retires, it makes me very sad, because there´s no one that could reach his level.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by modernaire View Post
    I'd probably gather Mao and Yuna together and dance around them in a circle singing "Why Can't We Be Friends?".
    Do it, do it! :D

Custom Title
    Great question, Bijoux!

I'd like to meet Oksana Baiul and ask her why she dresses so tackily! Awful taste! LOL. Well, I think she would laugh as she's got a good sense of humor. I would also tell her her SP as the White Swan was a truly memorable performance for the decades.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast