Thread: Johnny Weir to author book

Hybrid View

On the Ice
    If Johnny's writing it, I'm buying it. I'm looking forward to reading about more drama and scandal behind the scenes. It'll keep me busy during the off-seasons.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    This book will be an awesome behind the scenes! I can't wait

Rinkside
    A while ago, shortly after the Olympics and even at Worlds time, Johnny Weir stated that he was planning to continue competitive skating. He wanted to win medals, Johnny stated, so he would completely rework himself and his skating. To me, it sounded like he was planning to adhere more to the rules of COP judging, or even perhaps to fortry a different kind of style of skating from what he had done during the majority of his skating career.

Now he is planning to write a book about his life and figure skating; some say that it will be a "tell-all" with plenty of "dirt" about fellow skaters and skating politics, including the USFSA. Do any of you GoldenSkaters or other skating forum fans think that this book may be closing the curtain on Johnny's competitive career?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by stage View Post
    Do any of you GoldenSkaters or other skating forum fans think that this book may be closing the curtain on Johnny's competitive career?
    I believe so. I don't think Johnny really has the intention of coming back next season.

I honestly don't think Johnny ever truly desired to come back next season. If he does this tell all book he's going to shoot himself in teh foot several times over (and then play poor poor pitiful me, no doubt).

he better start work on his own show now, because he's going to be completely unhirable if he doesn't start using common sense know when to keep it shut, boy!