Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th

Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th

There will be another exhibition in Seoul on June 5~6, titled "Super Match X - Medalists on Ice."
    The confirmed skaters include:

Evan Lysaek
    Evgeni Plushenko
    J. Rochette

and...

Mao Asada

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...4201535490.jpg

It has been reported that Yuna will NOT participate, due to conflicting schedule (she will be training in Toronto), but given the all-star cast and that most medal winners from Vancouver Olympics will be there, it remains to be seen whether Hyundai (the main sponser of the event) will be able to persuade Yuna to come.

I demand a petition to Hyundai to let Yuna skate, just to see Yuna and Mao together!

Custom Title
    Other participants reported...

Men : Lysacek, Plushenko, Lambiel, Buttle and Koreans Kim Min-seok(16), Lee Dong-won(13)

Ladies : Asada, Rochette

Pairs : Shen/Zao, Pang/Tong

According to articles and reports, Yuna will not participate there.
    Last edited by sunny0760; 04-20-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Whoa. For real?! It would be THE EVENT of the off-season for sure, especially if they manage to persuade Yu-Na. But... why isn't Daisuke on the list? I read somewhere that he's having a bolt (???) taken out of his knee this May. Is this why?

ETA: Have since learned that due to Yu-Na's history with IMG Korea, her presence at this show is a no go... *sigh*
    Last edited by Ren; 04-22-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Custom Title
    I read that it is hard to do quads in exhibitions because it is dark but Lambiel did one on the show On Thin Ice-it wasn't judged so who knows if he really did one! So all this talk about quads and there will be no quads. I mean that is what people will be talking about if Plushenko and Lysacek skate in the same show, no? I think so.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    There will be another exhibition in Seoul on June 5~6, titled "Super Match X - Medalists on Ice."
    The confirmed skaters include:

Evan Lysaek
    Evgeni Plushenko
    J. Rochette

and...

Mao Asada

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...4201535490.jpg

It has been reported that Yuna will NOT participate, due to conflicting schedule (she will be training in Toronto), but given the all-star cast and that most medal winners from Vancouver Olympics will be there, it remains to be seen whether Hyundai (the main sponser of the event) will be able to persuade Yuna to come.

I demand a petition to Hyundai to let Yuna skate, just to see Yuna and Mao together!
    Yay Yay, Jo Ro in da house! No Yuna??

Custom Title
    I know for sure that Yuna will not skate here for some certain issues. I hope Daisuke comes for IAS in August.

Olympians to Visit Korea for Ice Show

By Kang Seung-woo
    Staff Reporter

The local ice show ``Hyundai Card Super Match X ― Medalists on Ice'' will bring a slew of Vancouver Olympic medalists in figure skating to Korea in June, Hyundai Card announced Tuesday.

Mao Asada of Japan and Joannie Rochette of Canada, who won silver and bronze medals in the women's singles in February, respectively, will perform in front of the fast-growing number of local figure skating fans.

Olympic gold medalist Kim Yu-na will not appear due to her training schedule.

On the men's side, Olympic champion Evan Lysacek of the United States and runner-up Evgeny Plushenko of Russia will be in the show for the second straight year.

The roster of the pair skating also includes two medal-winning duos from China ― Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo, and Pang Qing and Tong Jian ― who finished first and second, respectively.

The show will also feature former world champions Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland and Jeffrey Buttle of Canada.

The two-day event will take place on June 5 and 6 at Jamsil Gymnasium in Seoul.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...136_64540.html

This show will be hosted by IMG Korea and there's a conflict between this agency and Yuna's agency IB sports.

And IMG Korea is an evil agency, especially what they did to Yuna. Ok I'm done.
    Last edited by cooper; 04-20-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Bad move by Evan, if Plushenko wins and beats Evan then we have to hear all over again about how he should of won

Banned
    Yuna is training for what ??? in June. It seems she might not want a rematch with Asada. Why would she not be in this show? Training? I don't think so...

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Olympians to Visit Korea for Ice Show

By Kang Seung-woo
    Staff Reporter

The local ice show ``Hyundai Card Super Match X ― Medalists on Ice'' will bring a slew of Vancouver Olympic medalists in figure skating to Korea in June, Hyundai Card announced Tuesday.

Mao Asada of Japan and Joannie Rochette of Canada, who won silver and bronze medals in the women's singles in February, respectively, will perform in front of the fast-growing number of local figure skating fans.

Olympic gold medalist Kim Yu-na will not appear due to her training schedule.

On the men's side, Olympic champion Evan Lysacek of the United States and runner-up Evgeny Plushenko of Russia will be in the show for the second straight year.

The roster of the pair skating also includes two medal-winning duos from China ― Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo, and Pang Qing and Tong Jian ― who finished first and second, respectively.

The show will also feature former world champions Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland and Jeffrey Buttle of Canada.

The two-day event will take place on June 5 and 6 at Jamsil Gymnasium in Seoul.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...136_64540.html

This show will be hosted by IMG Korea and there's a conflict between this agency and Yuna's agency IB sports.

And IMG Korea is an evil agency, especially what they did to Yuna. Ok I'm done.
    What exactly did IMG do to Yuna?

Obviously though IMG represents a bunch of those folks and it's the organizer for both SOI in North American and Japan. So the line up isn't all that surprising.

Although some IMG skaters have done IB shows with Yuna including Shen/Zhao and oddly enough Brian Orser is also listed as an IMG client...

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Yuna is training for what ??? in June. It seems she might not want a rematch with Asada. Why would she not be in this show? Training? I don't think so...
    It's valid that she could be training new programs for next year. It's been mentioned on here that she's going to do new programs whether or not she continues. But I have a feeling that her lack of availablity is probably a contract thing that we're not privy to here.

Custom Title
    This is not a match. Nobody wins or gets defeated.
    Have you read above posts?
    It's called an ice show held in Korea in order to show exibitions of (mainly) the olympic medalists who are mostly managed by IMG.(Yuna does not belong to IMG)

Custom Title
    Huhhh????? :sheesh:

Banned
    no i have a big headache! I assumed it would be a made for tv competition. And someone mentioned plush vs. yags. If this is a competition its of interest. But if just another show where the skating is unrehearsed who cares? Thought it might be competition format. The recent show was such sloppy skating, awful unrehearsed group numbers. Apparently this matters not to Korean fans. Sorry, thought this might be a competitive show we'd all like to see, not another cheesefest.

Banned
    Super Match, BTW implies a match up, ie competition, so the title itself is misleading and a misnomer.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast