Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th

brownfox

On the Ice
I read the Korean Times about the ticket prices ranging from 30,000 won to 130,000 won!!! HAH! Seriously? I would love to watch the top skaters in the world in flesh...but 30,000 won to 130,000 won????:laugh:

Last edited:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Festa On Ice was from 40,000 won to 198,000 won, and the expensive seats literally sold out in minutes (all to see Yuna). This show, while it has world's top skaters (without Yuna), is actually cheaper than FOI, and many people will actually be getting free tickets from Hyundai Card to attend.

princess9

On the Ice
Festa On Ice was from 40,000 won to 198,000 won, and the expensive seats literally sold out in minutes (all to see Yuna). This show, while it has world's top skaters (without Yuna), is actually cheaper than FOI, and many people will actually be getting free tickets from Hyundai Card to attend.

In dollars, how much?

sunny0760

On the Ice
In dollars, how much?

FOI : 35 ~ 178 USD
Super Match (Hyundai Card) : 26 ~ 116 USD

I know this is OT but you can feel the general atmosphere and audience response of ice shows held in Korea here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XejFCx5Hj9s
Jeremy at FOI in 2009, his first ice show in a foreign country. How relaxed and animated he looks! :love:

According to his mom,(http://ontheedgeofskating.blogspot.com/2010/05/living-dream.html)
The first Grand Prix and National titles didn't put our skater on anyone's radar, except Yu na Kim and thank goodness for that! Learning to do a show in front of thousands of screaming and adoring fans was at first overwhelming; after that it was addicting. Fans in Asia are like no others in the world. What an absolute treat the experience was on so many levels.

Shame he did not medal at olys. If he had done, he would be invited to this Super Match show.:bang:

sunny0760

On the Ice
They announced the program! I am thrilled.;)

Hyundai Card Super Match Medalist on Ice
<1> Again Vancouver
1. Group ; Patriotic Fathers Olympic 2010 special appointed Olymipic themes
2. Don-Won Lee
3. Adam Rippon, Love Theme(Paradiso)
4. Miki Ando, Cleopatra
5. Qing Pang / Jain Tong, The Impossible Dream
6. Jeffrey Buttle, Medley(Glenn Gould)
7. Joannie Rochette, La Cumparsita
8. Stephane Lambiel, La Traviata
9. Xue Shen / Hongbo Zhao, Turandot
10. Alexei Yagudin, Winter, Bond
11. Mao Asada, Masquerade
12. Evan Lysacek, Sheherazade
13. Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir, Symphony 5(Mahler)
14. Evegeni Plushenko, Concierto do Aranjuez

<2> Young & Fun
1. Min-Suk Kim, Broken Vow
2. Female Group ; 4 young girls
3. Rippon, Are you gonna be my girl
4. Ando, Requiem
5. Yagudin, Bumbarush
6. Rochette, My Immortal
7. Lambiel, Let the Good times Roll
8. Pang / Tong, I Know You Want Me
9. Buttle, Sympathy for the Devil
10. Asada, Caprice
11. Plushenko, Malade
12. Shen / Zhao, Who Wants to Live Forever
13. Lysacek, Man in the Mirror
14. Group

Great! I heard that Lambiel might not participate but it seems that he will come.(He is now practicing his new gala. Hoped he would show some but anyway.;))
Winter and Bond by Yagudin? What is Bond?
And Turandot! Wish all the skaters be in shape and perform great!!!!

* Sorry mods, would you change the title of this thread to 'Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th'?

Last edited:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Great! I heard that Lambiel might not participate but it seems that he will come.(He is now practicing his new gala. Hoped he would show some but anyway.;))
Winter and Bond by Yagudin? What is Bond?

Bond is the name of the group that performs Winter. They're a string quartet.

seniorita

Record Breaker
At first I thought that Yag will skate the Yuna program AND with her dress on!:laugh:
Yag will skate winter? :eek:Wow the arena will be brought down, I wish I could see this program live just once.

sunny0760

On the Ice
At first I thought that Yag will skate the Yuna program AND with her dress on!:laugh:
Yag will skate winter? :eek:Wow the arena will be brought down, I wish I could see this program live just once.

:laugh: Thank you for good laugh, seniorita! Wish we could see the good quality vid!

Thank you mods for changing it!
Thank you silve.blades! Didn't know that!
I revised my post. The whole show consists of two parts and there will be Lambiel's new gala, a Jazz number!:love:

brownfox

On the Ice
The white costumes that the ladies wore reminded me Yuna's white dress last year. The same designer?

Lilith11

On the Ice
The white costumes that the ladies wore reminded me Yuna's white dress last year. The same designer?

I don't believe so... typically, Lie Sang Bong's incorporate either hangul into them or are structured/ruffled/adorned in a dramatic way. These white dresses appear quite simple and basic in contrast to Bong's more flamboyant style :3

fairly4

Medalist
sorry watch parts on youtube--
corny--i didn't like what i saw so i couldn't watch the rest.
sorry.

sodessss

Rinkside
I was there. It was a great show. All the skaters are fantastic.
But the audience was crazy. they were really scary. They surely scared Mao and Miki.

Last edited by a moderator: