Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 123

Thread: Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th

  1. #76
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    4. the first visit this year to Korea for many - Evan, Plushenko(he came to Korea years ago but could not perform because), Lambiel, Buttle, Rochette, Shen/Zao(when was the last time they performed in Korea?) and Pang/Tong.
    I m not sure about evan in the earlier years, but plush and buttle have been to this show since 2006 and they have skated there . And Evan for sure last year. Only time they didnt perform was when show was cancelled cause of fire. And i think on the two day show last year Plushenko appeared the first but couldnt skate because of the knee or something, and skated only the second. But the cast has been almost the same the last years, with Yagudin and Sasha also there by the way, and I dont know what is the fuss about Yuna , she didnt participate this August(2009) nor the previous July(2008), nor the year before that, I only remember her in 2006 , so whats the big deal? it is not news she doesnt participate in hyundai show.
    Last edited by seniorita; 04-24-2010 at 05:36 PM.

  2. #77
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I m not sure about evan in the earlier years, but plush and buttle have been to this show since 2006 and they have skated there . And Evan for sure last year. Only time they didnt perform was when show was cancelled cause of fire. And i think on the two day show last year Plushenko appeared the first but couldnt skate because of the knee or something, and skated only the second. But the cast has been almost the same the last years, with Yagudin and Sasha also there by the way, and I dont know what is the fuss about Yuna , she didnt participate this August(2009) nor the previous July(2008), nor the year before that, I only remember her in 2006 , so whats the big deal? it is not news she doesnt participate in hyundai show.
    Sorry I forgot that Plush manage to perform last year, just once. I also forgot that S/Z came to Korea for IAS not Hyundai show last year.
    Many of them are frequent visitors but except Mao, this will be their first visit to Korea this year.

    About Hyundai participants 2006-2009.
    . 2006 : Plushenko, Yagudin, Slutskaya, Baiul, Yuna Kim, Mam Nari, Ice dancing 2 teams
    . 2007 : canceled
    . 2008 : Plushenko, Yagudin, Lambiel, Buttle, Lysacek, Asada, Ando, Cohen, B/A and other team(sorry), P/T
    . 2009 : Plushenko, Yagudin, Buttle, Lysacek, Verner, Cohen, Meier, Rochette, Kerr/Kerr, P/T

  3. #78
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    282
    Yagudin and Rippon were just added to the line-up.

    Now, the casting looks like,

    Men : Plushenko, Yagudin, Buttle, Lysacek, Rippon, Lambiel (?,not sure)
    Ladies : Asada, Ando, Rochette
    Pairs : Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong
    Ice Dancing : Virtue/Moir

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I live near the New Jersey coast
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    Yagudin and Rippon were just added to the line-up.

    Now, the casting looks like,

    Men : Plushenko, Yagudin, Buttle, Lysacek, Rippon, Lambiel (?,not sure)
    Ladies : Asada, Ando, Rochette
    Pairs : Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong
    Ice Dancing : Virtue/Moir
    Will this be on USA tv? I hope.

  5. #80
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    Yagudin and Rippon were just added to the line-up.

    Now, the casting looks like,

    Men : Plushenko, Yagudin, Buttle, Lysacek, Rippon, Lambiel (?,not sure)
    Ladies : Asada, Ando, Rochette
    Pairs : Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong
    Ice Dancing : Virtue/Moir
    Now that she's off from IB Sports, Can she do this show yet?

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Will this be on USA tv? I hope.
    I don't think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Now that she's off from IB Sports, Can she do this show yet?
    Not that I know of. She will be in Toronto training by that time.

  7. #82
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    250
    I read the Korean Times about the ticket prices ranging from 30,000 won to 130,000 won!!! HAH! Seriously? I would love to watch the top skaters in the world in flesh...but 30,000 won to 130,000 won????
    Last edited by brownfox; 05-11-2010 at 08:26 AM.

  8. #83
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    443
    Festa On Ice was from 40,000 won to 198,000 won, and the expensive seats literally sold out in minutes (all to see Yuna). This show, while it has world's top skaters (without Yuna), is actually cheaper than FOI, and many people will actually be getting free tickets from Hyundai Card to attend.

  9. #84
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Festa On Ice was from 40,000 won to 198,000 won, and the expensive seats literally sold out in minutes (all to see Yuna). This show, while it has world's top skaters (without Yuna), is actually cheaper than FOI, and many people will actually be getting free tickets from Hyundai Card to attend.
    In dollars, how much?

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    In dollars, how much?
    FOI : 35 ~ 178 USD
    Super Match (Hyundai Card) : 26 ~ 116 USD

    I know this is OT but you can feel the general atmosphere and audience response of ice shows held in Korea here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XejFCx5Hj9s
    Jeremy at FOI in 2009, his first ice show in a foreign country. How relaxed and animated he looks!

    According to his mom,(http://ontheedgeofskating.blogspot.c...ing-dream.html)
    The first Grand Prix and National titles didn't put our skater on anyone's radar, except Yu na Kim and thank goodness for that! Learning to do a show in front of thousands of screaming and adoring fans was at first overwhelming; after that it was addicting. Fans in Asia are like no others in the world. What an absolute treat the experience was on so many levels.
    Shame he did not medal at olys. If he had done, he would be invited to this Super Match show.

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    They announced the program! I am thrilled.

    Hyundai Card Super Match Medalist on Ice
    <1> Again Vancouver
    1. Group ; Patriotic Fathers Olympic 2010 special appointed Olymipic themes
    2. Don-Won Lee
    3. Adam Rippon, Love Theme(Paradiso)
    4. Miki Ando, Cleopatra
    5. Qing Pang / Jain Tong, The Impossible Dream
    6. Jeffrey Buttle, Medley(Glenn Gould)
    7. Joannie Rochette, La Cumparsita
    8. Stephane Lambiel, La Traviata
    9. Xue Shen / Hongbo Zhao, Turandot
    10. Alexei Yagudin, Winter, Bond
    11. Mao Asada, Masquerade
    12. Evan Lysacek, Sheherazade
    13. Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir, Symphony 5(Mahler)
    14. Evegeni Plushenko, Concierto do Aranjuez

    <2> Young & Fun
    1. Min-Suk Kim, Broken Vow
    2. Female Group ; 4 young girls
    3. Rippon, Are you gonna be my girl
    4. Ando, Requiem
    5. Yagudin, Bumbarush
    6. Rochette, My Immortal
    7. Lambiel, Let the Good times Roll
    8. Pang / Tong, I Know You Want Me
    9. Buttle, Sympathy for the Devil
    10. Asada, Caprice
    11. Plushenko, Malade
    12. Shen / Zhao, Who Wants to Live Forever
    13. Lysacek, Man in the Mirror
    14. Group

    Great! I heard that Lambiel might not participate but it seems that he will come.(He is now practicing his new gala. Hoped he would show some but anyway.)
    Winter and Bond by Yagudin? What is Bond?
    And Turandot! Wish all the skaters be in shape and perform great!!!!

    * Sorry mods, would you change the title of this thread to 'Hyundai Super Match Ice Show, June 5th and 6th'?
    Last edited by sunny0760; 05-27-2010 at 07:49 PM.

  12. #87
    Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post

    Great! I heard that Lambiel might not participate but it seems that he will come.(He is now practicing his new gala. Hoped he would show some but anyway.)
    Winter and Bond by Yagudin? What is Bond?
    Bond is the name of the group that performs Winter. They're a string quartet.

  13. #88
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    At first I thought that Yag will skate the Yuna program AND with her dress on!
    Yag will skate winter? Wow the arena will be brought down, I wish I could see this program live just once.

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    At first I thought that Yag will skate the Yuna program AND with her dress on!
    Yag will skate winter? Wow the arena will be brought down, I wish I could see this program live just once.
    Thank you for good laugh, seniorita! Wish we could see the good quality vid!

    Thank you mods for changing it!
    Thank you silve.blades! Didn't know that!
    I revised my post. The whole show consists of two parts and there will be Lambiel's new gala, a Jazz number!

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,420
    Here's a photo of Jeff, Joannie and Adam after their arrival in Korea: http://twitpic.com/1t8gs7
    Evan's arrival: http://twitpic.com/1tf5q6

    ETA:
    Mao's arrival: http://twitpic.com/1tgjw6

    Photos and tweets (Korean): http://twitter.com/HyundaiCardWeb
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-03-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •