Thread: Dry Socket - Help!!!!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Dry Socket - Help!!!!

The pain is unreal. I had a tooth extracted about a week and a half ago and now I am experiencing dry socket. I went to the dentist today and he says it is definitely dry socket. He treated the area, but I am still in pain. I hear it can last up to six weeks. I have been draging myself into work everyday. I take tylenol and I am on an antibiotic. The tylenol (extra strength) does not seem to last very long. Anyone here ever experience dry socket before? How did you cope?

Rinkside
    Ladskater, I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I had dry socket a few years ago after I had a wisdom tooth out at the dentists. I expected some pain but when it was getting worse after 3 days I decided to go back to the dentist. We were due to go on a vacation and I didn't want to have to cancel or need treatment while I was away.
    I ended up needing 2 courses of antibiotics, it sarted getting better the following week. I'm fortunate that I had booked some annual leave as I feel the rest was good for me and helped me recover.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your pain Lad. I've heard this works, you might research.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal..._sku=sku301769