Dry Socket - Help!!!! | Golden Skate

Dry Socket - Help!!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The pain is unreal. I had a tooth extracted about a week and a half ago and now I am experiencing dry socket. I went to the dentist today and he says it is definitely dry socket. He treated the area, but I am still in pain. I hear it can last up to six weeks. I have been draging myself into work everyday. I take tylenol and I am on an antibiotic. The tylenol (extra strength) does not seem to last very long. Anyone here ever experience dry socket before? How did you cope?

:cry::cry::cry:

ukicefan

Rinkside
Ladskater, I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I had dry socket a few years ago after I had a wisdom tooth out at the dentists. I expected some pain but when it was getting worse after 3 days I decided to go back to the dentist. We were due to go on a vacation and I didn't want to have to cancel or need treatment while I was away.
I ended up needing 2 courses of antibiotics, it sarted getting better the following week. I'm fortunate that I had booked some annual leave as I feel the rest was good for me and helped me recover.
I hope you feel better soon.