What will 2010-11 bring for Caroline Zhang? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

What will 2010-11 bring for Caroline Zhang?

frauregina

Rinkside
Maybe you can tweet Caroline and tell her what you think of her program selection and suggest to her that in order for her to become the next World Champion she needs to change her LP to Salome or Taj Mahal.

Try Facebook. She's more active in there than in Twitter.:laugh:

LeCygne

Final Flight
Lynn Rutherford on Twitter:

Caroline Zhang excited about new Lutz technique: "I had a big kick [on my Lutz], and people notice it, so I hope they'll notice the change."

By no means expecting it to be completely fiixed, but new technique (probably new entry) definitely sounds good.

feraina

Record Breaker
Yeah, more and more good news. This coaching change has been really good for her already!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I think we may see not only improvement in her technique but more maturity in her skating this season.
I will be rooting for her.

herro

On the Ice

By no means expecting it to be completely fiixed, but new technique (probably new entry) definitely sounds good.

SO EXCITED. I think at this point, any improvement in her jumping technique (whether small or big) would benefit her significantly. I hope she's working on her speed issues as well. Hopefully, we'll see a maturer Caroline - both as a person and an athlete. Can't wait to see her new programs!

frauregina

Rinkside
I really wish someone could video her while performing her programs in Champs Camp and post it in YT. Just wishful thinking but :love:.

I've been listening to her music pieces and both made me smile. I've never been so optimistic for her!

jjane45

On the Ice
@frauregina Her short, to Astor Piazzolla's Libertango, looked good. An article will appear shortly. She's a true original.
Thanks, Lynn and frauregina!!

feraina

Record Breaker
Yay! More good news about Caroline! "She's a true original." Yes, she is! I hope that she finally have the choreography/package to show off her unique talents that have made us all such ardent fans despite her lack of competitive success over the last few years. I'm really looking forward to Lynn Rutherford's article. Sounds like it should appear soon on IN. :love:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. It sounds like Caroline is already making improvements. Tammy seems to be just what she needs. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. It sounds like Caroline is already making improvements. Tammy seems to be just what she needs. :)

I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

ETA: After reading the article, if there is one thing about Zhang, I find she is fairly honest in her assessment of her skating. She knows exactly what she needs to work on. Of course, saying and doing are two different things.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Great news. I can't wait for a clip of her programs. I actually watched her SP from nationals yesterday and was surprised at how fast she skated. Sure her jumps were not on and she even had to skip the pearl, but compare that perormance to the one she gave at the 2009 nationals and you will see the startaling speed and great improvement in expression. I think Caroline has mastered the slow demon and hopefully is close to conquoring her other flaws as well.

feraina

Record Breaker
Everything in that article sounds really positive:
- her training attitude and relationship with her coach
- her self-examination and honesty about her flaws
- her determination and long-term goals
- their daily priority to add more speed
- fixing the high kick of flip and lutz, correcting the flutz, and adding speed to the 2A entry
- her new choreographers and programs, emphasis on being more expressive on ice and trying new kinds of music
- sounds like we'll see her skating through 2014, her health permitting!

:love: :love: :love:

feraina

Record Breaker
I actually watched her SP from nationals yesterday and was surprised at how fast she skated. Sure her jumps were not on and she even had to skip the pearl, but compare that perormance to the one she gave at the 2009 nationals and you will see the startaling speed and great improvement in expression. I think Caroline has mastered the slow demon and hopefully is close to conquoring her other flaws as well.

Her 4CC SP was much better -- better speed, better jumps, more fluidity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7urNYUO2U

Her problem last season was partly mental and partly technical. The two reinforced each other -- the more technical problems she had the more she doubted herself, which exacerbated her technique under pressure.