Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

Custom Title
    According to your title of this thread this is just a "rumor". How often do rumors turn out to be true?
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-28-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    According to your title of this thread this is just a "rumor". How often do rumors turn out to be true?
    Well, the second rumor on this thread turned out to be true.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    But Orser said that he was approached by Mao's agent during the World Championships. So, who is telling the truth?
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    And just because Orser said he was asked, then Mao's agtent lied about the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Just wondering, but were you privy to this conversation since you seem so sure that "her agency did do 'such a thing'....and you are basically accusing Mao of being a liar, and her agency as having no "social decency"? Has it ever crossed your mind that just because Orser says it's true, doesn't necessarily mean it is?
    Let's think twice (or more like 10 times) before we get too carried away and start accusing respectable people such as Mariko Wada and Brian Orser of lying. What would Brian gain from fabricating a story like that? What would Wada (or Mao) gain from all this media drama? It does not make sense to me whatsoever!! But then, I love both Mao and Yuna and cannot for the life of me tolerate this overdramatization of their rivalry by their bots.. so..what do I know... ?

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I'm not saying that Orser is lying, however, perhaps it happened as others have said.
    Exactly! A few people here, including myself seem to think that both stories can be true. Brian Orser was informally (he said so himself) asked about coaching Mao by someone at IMG who is NOT Mariko Wada. This person is obviously someone who's not close enough to Mao and did not get the memo that she wanted to be coached in Japan. A formal offer from Mao's side did not happen because Brian said no and/or whoever discussed the possiblity with him was told a flat no by someone closer to Mao and the whole idea was put to rest before it got to Wada (or to Mao for that matter). End of story. Finito. Let's move on people!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    IMG held Orser in their 'stable' at one time. Who's to say it wasn't someone like David Bagden (though I don't think he's still working with IMG) just casually going over and saying "so Brian, what do you think of taking on Mao, too?" to which Brian could have either taken him seriously or not.

that being said, I can't stand it when people let the media do their thinking and run their emotions like they have in this case. OMG! It's a celebrity SOAP OPERA! *freak out* How Orser got tied up in all of this I'll never know. Let the ladies skate, enjoy their sport and their fame, and let them alone. They're not out to get each other, they're there to win. They both have more in common than their fans would care to admit.
    ITA
    Last edited by yunasashafan; 04-28-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    Let's think twice (or more like 10 times) before we get too carried away and start accusing respectable people such as Mariko Wada and Brian Orser of lying. What would Brian gain from fabricating a story like that? What would Wada gain? Especially after announcing Mao's preference for a coach in Japan? It does not make sense to me whatsoever!! But then, I love both Mao and Yuna and cannot for the life of me tolerate this overdramatization of their rivalry by their bots.. so..what do I know... ?

Exactly! A few people here, including myself seem to think that both stories can be true. Brian Orser was informally (he said so himself) asked about coaching Mao by someone at IMG who is NOT Mariko Wada. This person is obviously someone who's not close enough to Mao and did not get the memo that she wanted to be coached in Japan. A formal offer from Mao's side did not happen because Brian said no and/or whoever discussed the possiblity with him was told a flat no by someone closer to Mao and the whole idea was put to rest before it got to Wada. End of story. Finito. Let's move on people!

ITA
    ITA. I don't think that either of them is lying, but there seems to have been some miscommunications with too many people involved.

Custom Title
    This Mao/Orser issue shouldn't have even been leaked to the press. Someone was trying to spread animosity against Orser and/or Mao with this. If this wasn't done in the press I'd think it was off one of those weird Youtube videos that link every skater in the history skating to try to get clicks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    This Mao/Orser issue shouldn't have even been leaked to the press. Someone was trying to spread animosity against Orser and/or Mao with this. If this wasn't done in the press I'd think it was off one of those weird Youtube videos that link every skater in the history skating to try to get clicks.
    Actually, this was done by someone within IB Sports trying to spread the animosity against Yuna and Orser. At least that's how I interpret this nonsense.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6