Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

Bennett

Record Breaker
Mao's manager denied the rumor

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20100425-622183.html

Mao's manager denied the Korean media's reports regarding the coarch offer to Orser. The manager said " This is nothing but a groundless rumor. I have no idea why this rumor was started in Korea." This person also denied the future offer to Orser.

This is it. The article also cites the manager's comment, "Japanese skating federation also inquired us (about the reported story), but we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship between Japan and Korea."

Hanaka

Rinkside
This is it. The article also cites the manager's comment, "Japanese skating federation also inquired us (about the reported story), but we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship between Japan and Korea."

Yes. The aritcle tells it all. I feel that Orser is the last person Mao would ask to be her coach. First of all, as we all know, it has been reported a lot of times that MAO HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR A JAPANESE COACH. I think she has never thought of going to a non-Japanese coach, because she wants to train in Japan. I can't imagine Mao's agent ignored her will, and approached Orser secretly unless they had wanted to fight with Mao. I don't understand why this rumor has been discussed here for such a long time. Isn't it really a waste of time?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I hear the Nauru Skating Federation (NSF) is pushing for Tatiana Tarasova and Brian Orser to get Nauruan citizenship so that they can go into pairs skating with Mao and Yuna as their coaches / pastry chefs. Apparently it's controversial because Tatiana wants a private jet with a chihuahua, except that it's against Mao's principles not to get a poodle.

Orly. I must spread this information around!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is too much sugarcoating. First of all, the interview with Orser (phone inquiry by Korean media on the rumor) says it was a flat out NO, not "I'll get back to you." He even said, "Moving to a position of being a coach for Mao feels a little funny" If you read between lines, you'd know what he means. http://www.wearekhmers.com/?p=9442

I don't believe it was against Mao's will or she wasn't aware of the "unofficial" offer, given that she and her mother are known to be deeply involved in the choice of coaches and have strong preferences. Hard to believe her agency went out of the line like that. But my suspicion's just circumstantial. Regardless she knew about it or not, I think it is REALLY weird for her agency to ask Orser among all the people, when it's still in season, Tat was still there, and Mao openly said she wanted Yuna keep competing. Such a strange strategy from her side.

I don't understand why you're blasting my post, when I wrote this post to agree with the points you mention. THe conversation was purely hypothetical not what was actually said. I included it as a point that it was likely off-the-cuff conversation that agents usually have. They're usually off-the-record. I was trying to explain it the way I did to point out there was NO DIRTY business.

Anyway, my point is that this was made a bigger deal then it should have, which has already established in the posts after mine.

sjwh08

Rinkside
No one's making a big deal out of anything here. Just tried to point out that Orser gave an answer.

"we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship.." This is Mao's reaction, which implies this is something she won't do rather than a casual, doable, no-biggie thing.
But her agency did do "such a thing" and regardless Mao knew about it or not and she shouldn't have denied it like that. At least she should have asked her agency what's going on?
Right after that denial, Orser said it is true. Then there's no comment from Mao's.
Even if Mao didn't know the whole thing, it is such a stupid situation imo.
To a person like myself who doesn't believe Mao didn't know, the situation implies lies so it's worse.
Either way, I wish her agency had some social decency.

aurora100

Final Flight
Credit from Squallb at the YuNa Forum:
http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1523

Yes, yes, another thread involving Yuna and Mao but.......

http://sports.media.daum.net/genera...?cateid=1076&newsid=20100423191511103&p=nocut

Hmmmm. This is getting interesting...:laugh:

The first rumour could be true BUT only if Yuna has decided to turn pro I would think. Otherwise, it would turn into a gong show even if all three parties were happy from within. Brian has established himself as an Olympic champion coach and I'm sure he has a pick of students. And he would want to choose one with most potential for next olympic cycle.

jasminum

Rinkside
poor Mao...

I would like to see a source directly quoting Orser's words on the alleged offer.
And, I hope Yuna's dispute will settle down soon without further involving other athletes who have nothing to do with her problem.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
No one's making a big deal out of anything here. Just tried to point out that Orser gave an answer.

"we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship.." This is Mao's reaction, which implies this is something she won't do rather than a casual, doable, no-biggie thing.
But her agency did do "such a thing" and regardless Mao knew about it or not and she shouldn't have denied it like that. At least she should have asked her agency what's going on?
Right after that denial, Orser said it is true. Then there's no comment from Mao's.
To a person like myself who doesn't believe Mao didn't know, the situation implies lies so it's worse.
It was Mao's agency's reaction and her agency was saying that it is a groundless rumor.

cooper

Medalist
It was Mao's agency's reaction and her agency was saying that it is a groundless rumor.

But Orser said that he was approached by Mao's agent during the World Championships. So, who is telling the truth?

chloepoco

Medalist

Just wondering, but were you privy to this conversation since you seem so sure that "her agency did do 'such a thing'....and you are basically accusing Mao of being a liar, and her agency as having no "social decency"? Has it ever crossed your mind that just because Orser says it's true, doesn't necessarily mean it is? I'm not saying that Orser is lying, however, perhaps it happened as others have said.

Last edited:

rtureck

Final Flight
According to your title of this thread this is just a "rumor". How often do rumors turn out to be true?

Last edited:

yunasashafan

On the Ice
But Orser said that he was approached by Mao's agent during the World Championships. So, who is telling the truth?

And just because Orser said he was asked, then Mao's agtent lied about the issue?

Just wondering, but were you privy to this conversation since you seem so sure that "her agency did do 'such a thing'....and you are basically accusing Mao of being a liar, and her agency as having no "social decency"? Has it ever crossed your mind that just because Orser says it's true, doesn't necessarily mean it is?

Let's think twice (or more like 10 times) before we get too carried away and start accusing respectable people such as Mariko Wada and Brian Orser of lying. What would Brian gain from fabricating a story like that? What would Wada (or Mao) gain from all this media drama? It does not make sense to me whatsoever!! But then, I love both Mao and Yuna and cannot for the life of me tolerate this overdramatization of their rivalry by their bots.. so..what do I know... ?

I'm not saying that Orser is lying, however, perhaps it happened as others have said.

Exactly! A few people here, including myself seem to think that both stories can be true. Brian Orser was informally (he said so himself) asked about coaching Mao by someone at IMG who is NOT Mariko Wada. This person is obviously someone who's not close enough to Mao and did not get the memo that she wanted to be coached in Japan. A formal offer from Mao's side did not happen because Brian said no and/or whoever discussed the possiblity with him was told a flat no by someone closer to Mao and the whole idea was put to rest before it got to Wada (or to Mao for that matter). End of story. Finito. Let's move on people!

IMG held Orser in their 'stable' at one time. Who's to say it wasn't someone like David Bagden (though I don't think he's still working with IMG) just casually going over and saying "so Brian, what do you think of taking on Mao, too?" to which Brian could have either taken him seriously or not.

that being said, I can't stand it when people let the media do their thinking and run their emotions like they have in this case. OMG! It's a celebrity SOAP OPERA! *freak out* How Orser got tied up in all of this I'll never know. Let the ladies skate, enjoy their sport and their fame, and let them alone. They're not out to get each other, they're there to win. They both have more in common than their fans would care to admit.

ITA :agree:

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Let's think twice (or more like 10 times) before we get too carried away and start accusing respectable people such as Mariko Wada and Brian Orser of lying. What would Brian gain from fabricating a story like that? What would Wada gain? Especially after announcing Mao's preference for a coach in Japan? It does not make sense to me whatsoever!! But then, I love both Mao and Yuna and cannot for the life of me tolerate this overdramatization of their rivalry by their bots.. so..what do I know... ?

Exactly! A few people here, including myself seem to think that both stories can be true. Brian Orser was informally (he said so himself) asked about coaching Mao by someone at IMG who is NOT Mariko Wada. This person is obviously someone who's not close enough to Mao and did not get the memo that she wanted to be coached in Japan. A formal offer from Mao's side did not happen because Brian said no and/or whoever discussed the possiblity with him was told a flat no by someone closer to Mao and the whole idea was put to rest before it got to Wada. End of story. Finito. Let's move on people!

ITA :agree:

ITA. I don't think that either of them is lying, but there seems to have been some miscommunications with too many people involved.

tarotx

On the Ice
This Mao/Orser issue shouldn't have even been leaked to the press. Someone was trying to spread animosity against Orser and/or Mao with this. If this wasn't done in the press I'd think it was off one of those weird Youtube videos that link every skater in the history skating to try to get clicks.