Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh, that's right, we can't ever do anything that might be negative to YUNA :bow: what does IMG gain from keeping her off of their show? nothing - chances are HER agency is being unreasonable. add to the fact that IMG's FIRST responsibility is to THEIR skaters, and, yeah they get first pick for SOI. It's not "wrong" or "evil" it's business.

cooper

Medalist
oh, that's right, we can't ever do anything that might be negative to YUNA :bow: what does IMG gain from keeping her off of their show? nothing - chances are HER agency is being unreasonable. add to the fact that IMG's FIRST responsibility is to THEIR skaters, and, yeah they get first pick for SOI. It's not "wrong" or "evil" it's business.

I'm STILL bitter about the old days and how they treated her like crap. :p I guess you can't fault me how I feel about them. :think:

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
I'm STILL bitter about the old days and how they treated her like crap. :p I guess you can't fault me how I feel about them. :think:

Aren't you (and a couple of others) taking all of this a little too personally? And, reading more into this than there is?

Not healthy, in my opinion.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Aren't you (and a couple of others) taking all of this a little too personally? And, reading more into this than there is?

Agreed. I think that speculation on YuNa's contractual business endeavors is her private business and should not be open for discussion on a skating board. JMO.

cooper

Medalist

It's not like I will bomb IMG's headquarters, so relax. LOL. :laugh: It's just my personal opinion about IMG's history because it was really sad and awful at the same time on how they treated her. Sometimes you couldn't forget, even now.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
It's not like I will bomb IMG's headquarters, so relax. LOL. :laugh: It's just my personal opinion about IMG's history because it was really sad and awful at the same time on how they treated her. Sometimes you couldn't forget, even now.

I am vaguely aware of what happened between Yuna and IMG, and I think that some people feel a bit too strongly about it. Still the conflict happened with IMG Korea, which is a very small branch of IMG global. Unprofessional befavior on the part of IMG Korea is not representative of all of IMG, and surely does not mean thay IMG is out to get Yuna. So, let's not get too carried away.

I agree with some posters in thinking that an IMG agent, through an informal conversation with Orser, asked him whether he would consider coaching Mao. An official offer never happened simply because Mao and her direct agent did not approve of it. Someone at IB (very unprofessional, IMO) caught wind of this and wanted to make a story out of it. This makes IB far more unprofessional in their treatment of Yuna than IMG, IMO.

Basics

On the Ice

Yeah, It's true but it was IMG Korea though.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I was talking about IMG Korea and Hyundai card (right noe they're sponsoring this show:eek:hwell:), sorry for the misunderstanding. LOL. :laugh:

But IMG Korea is definitely not Mao's agent and therefore has nothing to do with this whole Orser coaching Mao situation. So, I do not see why you'd bring it up here, unless you're judging all of IMG based on your stance against IMG Korea.

cooper

Medalist
Whatever it is...I feel that IMG contacting/considering Brian at Worlds, before Yu-Na had made any decision on retirement was not right. I don't know it's just sneaky but that's how I feel. I agree what IB did....leaking that information was wrong and stupid.

Last edited:

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I was actually responding to post #41.

Yes, but post #41 was a response to your posts:

What else is new about IMG anyway? They've been dirty for years.

If it's not dirty, then it sounds like unprofessional to me if the reports are true. Given the history of IMG and Yuna.

I was just pointing out that there was no need to bring the history between Yuna and IMG Korea into this.

Anyway, all this Orser/Mao thing was blown completely out of proportions, IMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Whatever it is...I feel that IMG contacting/considering Brian at Worlds, before Yu-Na had made any decision on retirement was not right. I don't know it's just sneaky but that's how I feel. I agree what IB did....leaking that information was wrong and stupid.

This would not be such a horrifying revelation if it wasn't Mao and Yuna.
It's not unusual for coaches to have competing skaters on their rosters. Examples: Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva coaching both Davis and White and Virtue and Moir. At one time Frank Carroll coached Mirai Nagasu and Carolina Kostner. Heck Orser is coaching Christina Gao and Min-Jung Kwak who are about the same age and from two different countries.
I don't think Mao's agent was being sneaky, I think he or she was doing his/her job. I bet the conversation when something like this..

Mao's Agent: Hey Brian, I know there's been speculation about Yuna retiring after this season, would you consider coaching Mao if that was the case? Mao's been looking for different coaches and I thought I would ask what your workload would be like for next year.
Orser: Well, I have to talk to Yuna first. But I'll get back to you.

You can't blame Mao's agent for trying to look into different opportunities. I'm sure that he/she is having similar conversations with other coaches out here. It's the same ones that the agents of other skaters are having. Everyone's just making a big deal of this because it's Mao and Yuna.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I hear the Nauru Skating Federation (NSF) is pushing for Tatiana Tarasova and Brian Orser to get Nauruan citizenship so that they can go into pairs skating with Mao and Yuna as their coaches / pastry chefs. Apparently it's controversial because Tatiana wants a private jet with a chihuahua, except that it's against Mao's principles not to get a poodle.

sjwh08

Rinkside
Mao's Agent: Hey Brian, I know there's been speculation about Yuna retiring after this season, would you consider coaching Mao if that was the case? Mao's been looking for different coaches and I thought I would ask what your workload would be like for next year.
Orser: Well, I have to talk to Yuna first. But I'll get back to you.

This is too much sugarcoating. First of all, the interview with Orser (phone inquiry by Korean media on the rumor) says it was a flat out NO, not "I'll get back to you." He even said, "Moving to a position of being a coach for Mao feels a little funny" If you read between lines, you'd know what he means. http://www.wearekhmers.com/?p=9442

I don't believe it was against Mao's will or she wasn't aware of the "unofficial" offer, given that she and her mother are known to be deeply involved in the choice of coaches and have strong preferences. Hard to believe her agency went out of the line like that. But my suspicion's just circumstantial. Regardless she knew about it or not, I think it is REALLY weird for her agency to ask Orser among all the people, when it's still in season, Tat was still there, and Mao openly said she wanted Yuna keep competing. Such a strange strategy from her side.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I honestly don't think Mao had much to do with this. It's not like "Oh evil Mao trying to steal Yuna's coach", it sounds more like Mao's agent asked a lot of different coaches if they would be interested in even considering coaching Mao and Orser just happened to be one of the people they asked.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IMG held Orser in their 'stable' at one time. Who's to say it wasn't someone like David Bagden (though I don't think he's still working with IMG) just casually going over and saying "so Brian, what do you think of taking on Mao, too?" to which Brian could have either taken him seriously or not.

that being said, I can't stand it when people let the media do their thinking and run their emotions like they have in this case. OMG! It's a celebrity SOAP OPERA! *freak out* How Orser got tied up in all of this I'll never know. Let the ladies skate, enjoy their sport and their fame, and let them alone. They're not out to get each other, they're there to win. They both have more in common than their fans would care to admit.

chloepoco

Medalist
IMG held Orser in their 'stable' at one time. Who's to say it wasn't someone like David Bagden (though I don't think he's still working with IMG) just casually going over and saying "so Brian, what do you think of taking on Mao, too?" to which Brian could have either taken him seriously or not.

that being said, I can't stand it when people let the media do their thinking and run their emotions like they have in this case. OMG! It's a celebrity SOAP OPERA! *freak out* How Orser got tied up in all of this I'll never know. Let the ladies skate, enjoy their sport and their fame, and let them alone. They're not out to get each other, they're there to win. They both have more in common than their fans would care to admit.

Couldn't agree more!