Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81

Thread: Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Heck she's prompting economic impact in other parts of the world too. By having skaters like Kiira Korpi skate in her shows, she's funding their training expenses and therefore the money from Korea ends up in Korpi's ice rink coffers, the pockets of her coach and choreographers.

    Yuna's revenue, spurred from commercials, appearances and winning competitions, is said to be about $7-$9 million. Once she pays for her expenses and the sponsor ship of junior skaters her net worth is still probably a few million.
    Say Kiira got 2k for her apperance, Kiira spent about 1k on coaching, boots, ice rink coffers, choreographers. Kiira also spent $200 on food, $200 on gifts, $600 on makeup.
    Then Kiira's coach spent $500 on a new dining table because the old one is falling apart. The local furniture store then used that to hire 2 high school students trying to make a few bucks to get ready for prom. Then the students bought a dress, a pair of shoes, corsage for $400. Add a few more stops here and there, the 2000 can balloon up to 200k. So take that number with a grain of salt.

    Total number: 2000 + 200 + 200 + 600 + 500 + 500 + 400 = 4400.
    Actual money: 2000.

  2. #17
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,809
    I don't completely believe that, about Mao going to Orser, I'll believe it when I see it, but that would be REALLY INTERESTING.. Mao and Yuna at the same training rink! Wow!

    As for the second, meh, finances, I don't care. lol.

  3. #18
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Has anyone heard the RUMOR that Yuna is getting her new programs from Tarasova

    Apparently Yuna is tired of Wilson and CoP and wants to become a 1990's Russian Diva

    Wasn't sure about the point of this thread - but if the goal is to make up the silliest possible comments I hope my post gets me in the running. Only problem is that most of these comments feel dumber than _ _ _ _ (use your own four letter word)

  4. #19
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,415
    Aaaaaaand we're off talking about Yuna and ignoring Mao ... again.

    Sad face.

    Any non-rumors about the next season for Mao?

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    913
    janetfan, this rumor of yours seems to be a thinly disguised jab at Mao, but it's all in good fun.
    Last edited by krenseby; 04-23-2010 at 09:01 PM.

  6. #21
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,829
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    janetfan, this rumor of yours seems to be a thinly disguised jab at Mao, but it's all in good fun.
    I think it is a very, very thinly disguised jab this thread.

  7. #22
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    I just heard that Yu-na and Mao are going to train in Russia with Morozov and Ando next season. They're hoping for a group discount (each a current or former world champion) JUST KIDDING!!! Sometimes you wonder who makes this stuff up.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    292
    Mao's side probably made an offer to Orser and other coaches in the world a while ago as she was shopping for a new coach. It is just dated intel. Nothing new about it. Mao has narrowed her choice down since then to Japanese coaches.

  9. #24
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I just heard that Yu-na and Mao are going to train in Russia with Morozov and Ando next season. They're hoping for a group discount (each a current or former world champion) JUST KIDDING!!! Sometimes you wonder who makes this stuff up.
    Yeah, I heard that Dai and Morosov miss each other and want to resume their coaching relationship in Russia. Therefore, Dai is studying Russian; Miki is already fluent. But the Russian Fed wants them to switch their nationality.

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    What exactly does economic impact mean? I'm under the impression it's like , hm, the influence someone might have on the economy--like, if it's Yu-Na:

    *her successes generate interest and income for Korea's skating program, increased media devoted to FS, more skating-related events
    *her endorsements generate sales, possibly leading to more jobs/increased wages for the companies, as well as raising their stock value
    *the sales of the products she endorses means there's spending, money is being circulated, better economy?

    Someone please explain?
    Actually at the last economic summit they estimated tht Yuna success will solve the Greece national debt crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Credit from Squallb at the YuNa Forum:
    http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1523

    Yes, yes, another thread involving Yuna and Mao but.......



    ...



    http://sports.media.daum.net/general...511103&p=nocut

    Hmmmm. This is getting interesting...
    Yet another gift brought to GS from yuna forum rep. I thought Mao asked Brian Boitano not Orser
    Last edited by rtureck; 04-24-2010 at 09:29 AM.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    282
    Cooper, I think it's good idea to put all the Yuna related topics into one Yu-Na news thread, so nobody complains.

  12. #27
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    Cooper, I think it's good idea to put all the Yuna related topics into one Yu-Na news thread, so nobody complains.
    Yep.
    Last edited by cooper; 04-24-2010 at 03:44 PM.

  13. #28
    Custom Title Morning Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the Lavender Garden
    Posts
    455
    Mao's manager denied the rumor

    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...25-622183.html

    Mao's manager denied the Korean media's reports regarding the coarch offer to Orser. The manager said " This is nothing but a groundless rumor. I have no idea why this rumor was started in Korea." This person also denied the future offer to Orser.


    I'll post more reliable sources if I find.

  14. #29
    Medalist ryoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Mao's manager denied the rumor

    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...25-622183.html

    Mao's manager denied the Korean media's reports regarding the coarch offer to Orser. The manager said " This is nothing but a groundless rumor. I have no idea why this rumor was started in Korea." This person also denied the future offer to Orser.


    I'll post more reliable sources if I find.
    http://news.nate.com/view/20100425n02015

    As soon as I find english or japanese version of this article I will post it as well.
    In this interview, Orser says although it was not an official offer, he was asked to consider (about coaching asada) by IMG right after Torino Worlds. Orser verified that he was asked once.
    This issue is basically rubbish, but I don't think Orser lied about the offer.

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    http://news.nate.com/view/20100425n02015
    As soon as I find english or japanese version of this article I will post it as well.
    In this interview, Orser says although it was not an official offer, he was asked to consider (about coaching asada) by IMG right after Torino Worlds. Orser verified that he was asked once.
    This issue is basically rubbish, but I don't think Orser lied about the offer.
    I agree that this 'rumor' is rubbish.
    The Yonhap news transtlation(not all but part of the same article)
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...000800315.HTML

    In this article, 'Asada's agent' is IMG which happens to manage Orser too.
    It seems that 'the offer' was not an official one and just once.
    I would blame the person from IB who abrubtly told the issue to a Korean media in the first place.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •