Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

Quote Originally Posted by sunny0760 View Post
    I agree that this 'rumor' is rubbish.
    The Yonhap news transtlation(not all but part of the same article)
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...000800315.HTML

In this article, 'Asada's agent' is IMG which happens to manage Orser too.
    It seems that 'the offer' was not an official one and just once.
    I would blame the person from IB who abrubtly told the issue to a Korean media in the first place.
    Well, Yuna's contract with IB ends on Arpil 30. Coincedence?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    http://news.nate.com/view/20100425n02015

As soon as I find english or japanese version of this article I will post it as well.
    In this interview, Orser says although it was not an official offer, he was asked to consider (about coaching asada) by IMG right after Torino Worlds. Orser verified that he was asked once.
    This issue is basically rubbish, but I don't think Orser lied about the offer.

Now it's time for IMG, not Asada's personal agent, to show up in public and show their thoughts about and make an announcement about Mr. Orser's word that he was actually asked by IMG to consider coaching Mao at Torino, before this rumor(or fact?) is getting endless.
    Last edited by Hanaka; 04-25-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Mashimaro on Ice
    The Korean and Japanese reports are contradictory. Mao's agent denies of making such a request, while Orser says that he was asked by "Asada's agent" to consider. I think it's most likely that someone at IMG asked him about it but never told Mao's side about it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    The Korean and Japanese reports are contradictory. Mao's agent denies of making such a request, while Orser says that he was asked by "Asada's agent" to consider. I think it's most likely that someone at IMG asked him about it but never told Mao's side about it.
    Did Brian actually use the term 'agent'? I was under the impression that he said IMG. So yes, I agree with you that your scenario (that a person from IMG asked but probably didn't tell Mao's personal agent) is the one that happened. Brian says it was just the once, and unofficial, anyway...
    Last edited by Ren; 04-25-2010 at 08:57 AM.

What else is new about IMG anyway? They've been dirty for years.

Custom Title
    Whoever told the papers about this is the dirty one. Someone wanted to spread some dirt on a non story. Mao wants to train in Japan. She has a lash training facility there. It's the reason she never moved to Russia to train with TT. Top IMG officials probably thought it was a great Idea to have their best skater with the Olympic winner's coach. There is nothing dirty about that. In USA gymnastics all the girls flock to the winning coaches so imo it wouldn't have been dirty even if Mao had asked. The philosophy goes something like: If you want to be the best go with the best. All it would have been is an admitting that Yu Na's coaching/choreography situation was a better decision then her own to go with TT.

Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Whoever told the papers about this is the dirty one. Someone wanted to spread some dirt on a non story. Mao wants to train in Japan. She has a lash training facility there. It's the reason she never moved to Russia to train with TT. Top IMG officials probably thought it was a great Idea to have their best skater with the Olympic winner's coach. There is nothing dirty about that. In USA gymnastics all the girls flock to the winning coaches so imo it wouldn't have been dirty even if Mao had asked. The philosophy goes something like: If you want to be the best go with the best. All it would have been is an admitting that Yu Na's coaching/choreography situation was a better decision then her own to go with TT.
    If it's not dirty, then it sounds like unprofessional to me if the reports are true. Given the history of IMG and Yuna.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    If it's not dirty, then it sounds like unprofessional to me if the reports are true. Given the history of IMG and Yuna.
    riiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt if you do business as you've always done and somehow exclude ONE SKATER because of a CONTRACT DISPUTE (which means HER agency is ALSO playing hardball) you're evil.

please. :rolleyes:

Custom Title
    Orser is IMG represented. They had easy access to him. An IMG rep could have said something as simple as wouldn't it be nice to be the coach of the current Olympic champion and the current world champion? Imo the only one being unprofessional is whomever released whatever this was to the press almost a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    riiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt if you do business as you've always done and somehow exclude ONE SKATER because of a CONTRACT DISPUTE (which means HER agency is ALSO playing hardball) you're evil.

please. :rolleyes:
    In this case.............................................. ...........yes.

oh, that's right, we can't ever do anything that might be negative to YUNA what does IMG gain from keeping her off of their show? nothing - chances are HER agency is being unreasonable. add to the fact that IMG's FIRST responsibility is to THEIR skaters, and, yeah they get first pick for SOI. It's not "wrong" or "evil" it's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    oh, that's right, we can't ever do anything that might be negative to YUNA what does IMG gain from keeping her off of their show? nothing - chances are HER agency is being unreasonable. add to the fact that IMG's FIRST responsibility is to THEIR skaters, and, yeah they get first pick for SOI. It's not "wrong" or "evil" it's business.
    I'm STILL bitter about the old days and how they treated her like crap. I guess you can't fault me how I feel about them.
    Last edited by cooper; 04-25-2010 at 11:38 AM.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Orser put an end to this nonsense today. http://joongangdaily.joins.com/artic...sp?aid=2919642

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    I'm STILL bitter about the old days and how they treated her like crap. I guess you can't fault me how I feel about them.
    Aren't you (and a couple of others) taking all of this a little too personally? And, reading more into this than there is?

Not healthy, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Aren't you (and a couple of others) taking all of this a little too personally? And, reading more into this than there is?

Not healthy, in my opinion.
    Agreed. I think that speculation on YuNa's contractual business endeavors is her private business and should not be open for discussion on a skating board. JMO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast