Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81

Thread: Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

  1. #61
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Mao's manager denied the rumor

    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...25-622183.html

    Mao's manager denied the Korean media's reports regarding the coarch offer to Orser. The manager said " This is nothing but a groundless rumor. I have no idea why this rumor was started in Korea." This person also denied the future offer to Orser.
    This is it. The article also cites the manager's comment, "Japanese skating federation also inquired us (about the reported story), but we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship between Japan and Korea."

  2. #62
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This is it. The article also cites the manager's comment, "Japanese skating federation also inquired us (about the reported story), but we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship between Japan and Korea."
    Yes. The aritcle tells it all. I feel that Orser is the last person Mao would ask to be her coach. First of all, as we all know, it has been reported a lot of times that MAO HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR A JAPANESE COACH. I think she has never thought of going to a non-Japanese coach, because she wants to train in Japan. I can't imagine Mao's agent ignored her will, and approached Orser secretly unless they had wanted to fight with Mao. I don't understand why this rumor has been discussed here for such a long time. Isn't it really a waste of time?

  3. #63
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    I hear the Nauru Skating Federation (NSF) is pushing for Tatiana Tarasova and Brian Orser to get Nauruan citizenship so that they can go into pairs skating with Mao and Yuna as their coaches / pastry chefs. Apparently it's controversial because Tatiana wants a private jet with a chihuahua, except that it's against Mao's principles not to get a poodle.
    Orly. I must spread this information around!

  4. #64
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,297
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    This is too much sugarcoating. First of all, the interview with Orser (phone inquiry by Korean media on the rumor) says it was a flat out NO, not "I'll get back to you." He even said, "Moving to a position of being a coach for Mao feels a little funny" If you read between lines, you'd know what he means. http://www.wearekhmers.com/?p=9442

    I don't believe it was against Mao's will or she wasn't aware of the "unofficial" offer, given that she and her mother are known to be deeply involved in the choice of coaches and have strong preferences. Hard to believe her agency went out of the line like that. But my suspicion's just circumstantial. Regardless she knew about it or not, I think it is REALLY weird for her agency to ask Orser among all the people, when it's still in season, Tat was still there, and Mao openly said she wanted Yuna keep competing. Such a strange strategy from her side.
    I don't understand why you're blasting my post, when I wrote this post to agree with the points you mention. THe conversation was purely hypothetical not what was actually said. I included it as a point that it was likely off-the-cuff conversation that agents usually have. They're usually off-the-record. I was trying to explain it the way I did to point out there was NO DIRTY business.

    Anyway, my point is that this was made a bigger deal then it should have, which has already established in the posts after mine.

  5. #65
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    No one's making a big deal out of anything here. Just tried to point out that Orser gave an answer.

    "we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship.." This is Mao's reaction, which implies this is something she won't do rather than a casual, doable, no-biggie thing.
    But her agency did do "such a thing" and regardless Mao knew about it or not and she shouldn't have denied it like that. At least she should have asked her agency what's going on?
    Right after that denial, Orser said it is true. Then there's no comment from Mao's.
    Even if Mao didn't know the whole thing, it is such a stupid situation imo.
    To a person like myself who doesn't believe Mao didn't know, the situation implies lies so it's worse.
    Either way, I wish her agency had some social decency.

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Credit from Squallb at the YuNa Forum:
    http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1523

    Yes, yes, another thread involving Yuna and Mao but.......



    ...



    http://sports.media.daum.net/general...511103&p=nocut

    Hmmmm. This is getting interesting...
    The first rumour could be true BUT only if Yuna has decided to turn pro I would think. Otherwise, it would turn into a gong show even if all three parties were happy from within. Brian has established himself as an Olympic champion coach and I'm sure he has a pick of students. And he would want to choose one with most potential for next olympic cycle.

  7. #67
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    49
    poor Mao...

    I would like to see a source directly quoting Orser's words on the alleged offer.
    And, I hope Yuna's dispute will settle down soon without further involving other athletes who have nothing to do with her problem.

  8. #68
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminum View Post
    poor Mao...

    I would like to see a source directly quoting Orser's words on the alleged offer.
    And, I hope Yuna's dispute will settle down soon without further involving other athletes who have nothing to do with her problem.
    For more of this issue, you can read it here: Orser says he was asked to coach Mao

    http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100428f1.html

  9. #69
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    For more of this issue, you can read it here: Orser says he was asked to coach Mao

    http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100428f1.html
    From the same article.

    Mao's agent, Mariko Wada of IMG, on Sunday and asked her to provide some clarity on the issue.

    "Very surprising," she wrote in an e-mail of the initial reports. "We never contacted him and never thought about it."

    Orser did not respond to an e-mail requesting further elaboration.
    Last edited by Bennett; 04-28-2010 at 12:37 AM.

  10. #70
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    No one's making a big deal out of anything here. Just tried to point out that Orser gave an answer.

    "we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship.." This is Mao's reaction, which implies this is something she won't do rather than a casual, doable, no-biggie thing.
    But her agency did do "such a thing" and regardless Mao knew about it or not and she shouldn't have denied it like that. At least she should have asked her agency what's going on?
    Right after that denial, Orser said it is true. Then there's no comment from Mao's.
    Even if Mao didn't know the whole thing, it is such a stupid situation imo.
    To a person like myself who doesn't believe Mao didn't know, the situation implies lies so it's worse.
    Either way, I wish her agency had some social decency.
    It was Mao's agency's reaction and her agency was saying that it is a groundless rumor.

  11. #71
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,275
    Wrong post.
    Last edited by cooper; 04-28-2010 at 12:44 AM.

  12. #72
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It was Mao's agency's reaction and her agency was saying that it is a groundless rumor.
    But Orser said that he was approached by Mao's agent during the World Championships. So, who is telling the truth?

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    No one's making a big deal out of anything here. Just tried to point out that Orser gave an answer.

    "we never dare to do such a thing that hurts the friendship.." This is Mao's reaction, which implies this is something she won't do rather than a casual, doable, no-biggie thing.
    But her agency did do "such a thing" and regardless Mao knew about it or not and she shouldn't have denied it like that. At least she should have asked her agency what's going on?
    Right after that denial, Orser said it is true. Then there's no comment from Mao's.
    Even if Mao didn't know the whole thing, it is such a stupid situation imo.
    To a person like myself who doesn't believe Mao didn't know, the situation implies lies so it's worse.
    Either way, I wish her agency had some social decency.
    Just wondering, but were you privy to this conversation since you seem so sure that "her agency did do 'such a thing'....and you are basically accusing Mao of being a liar, and her agency as having no "social decency"? Has it ever crossed your mind that just because Orser says it's true, doesn't necessarily mean it is? I'm not saying that Orser is lying, however, perhaps it happened as others have said.
    Last edited by chloepoco; 04-28-2010 at 12:47 AM.

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Wrong post.

    And just because Orser said he was asked, then Mao's agtent lied about the issue?

  15. #75
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    And just because Orser said he was asked, then Mao's agtent lied about the issue?
    So, who is telling the truth? :indiff:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •