Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Lady Gaga and her burlesque style have an influence on FS programs?

Custom Title
    I would expect theatrical costumes (and songs, i.e., vocal music, by Lady Gaga) to be used in exhibitions, as with Weir's Poker Face, and in possibly in free dances. Not so much in competitive freeskating programs.

I hope figure skating sticks to classical music for the simple reason that otherwise, where is anyone ever going to hear classical music at all? It used to be that we could hear it on the sound track of Warner Brothers cartoons, but sadly that time has gone by.

In principle, a person could go to a symphony concert -- yeah, right.

As for popular music like Lady Gaga, you don't have to watch figure skating for that. You could go to a Lady Gaga show, or just turn on the radio. (Just my opinion.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    well I hope that lady gaga will have some influence..I can give an example but it's not ice skating but roller skating. see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rraEp...os=Ab1PdNcuiUc
    They are a quartet a disciplin which doesn't exist on ice! I have the opportunity to see this performance live last saturday and I can tell you it's just gorgeous! They are world and european champions and with this program they won the italian championship and will go to euros!
    It's not only lady gaga, but I think figure skating really need to be up to date with variety of music!
    Thanks Tanja! Nice performance. The only think I didn't like were the music cuts (to of a sudden and abrupt IMO). They could use a part of the Telephone song without cutting it in this way or cutting it more smoothly.
    Did you see it in Conegliano?

This is the answer from the 4 most trendy guys in FS - Weir, Plushy, Joubert and Lambiel (well to be fair Daisuke is missing ) on some trance music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtuacMhnfA

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    Thanks Tanja! Nice performance. The only think I didn't like were the music cuts (to of a sudden and abrupt IMO). They could use a part of the Telephone song without cutting it in this way or cutting it more smoothly.
    Did you see it in Conegliano?

This is the answer from the 4 most trendy guys in FS - Weir, Plushy, Joubert and Lambiel (well to be fair Daisuke is missing ) on some trance music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtuacMhnfA
    No I didn't see it in Conegliano...last saturday we did a small show with the club where I skate and they were invitated! so I had the oppurtunity to watch them right in front of me! I myself thought that the cutting was a bit too hard when I first heard it on a CD but seeing it live it really gives something to the performance and it doesn't bother at all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2