The future of the Finnish ladies? | Golden Skate

The future of the Finnish ladies?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
No more Susanna, no more Jenni; sorry, she has announced on tuesday this week not to continue as a skater :cry:. Three spots in Euros, I have no idea who have possibility to get the third place. There are some promising young skaters, but are they too young? The level of they ladies dropped rapidly, let's hope the hole will be filled soon.

It took a while for the Japanese to have storehouse of top Ladies skaters. When Mao came on the scene, she was the example for other skaters to emulate her. Now Japan should have a leading lady every year even when Mao leaves.

Finland too, was raising leading ladies thanks to Sussana. At present Laura who has the best stroking of ALL the ladies in every competition is, imo, the example to attract young skaters who can say "I can do that!" Sad about Jenni. She had the makings of a top skater.

Ivana

On the Ice
It's a pity that Jenni decided to retire too although it was not a big surprise after nearly a year off. But Finland has still two strong seniors Laura & Kiira and and some good juniors comming up, Beata Papp & Cecilia Törn. I think Cecilia will be eligible for senior competition next year.

Kati

On the Ice
It's a pity that Jenni decided to retire too although it was not a big surprise after nearly a year off. But Finland has still two strong seniors Laura & Kiira and and some good juniors comming up, Beata Papp & Cecilia Törn. I think Cecilia will be eligible for senior competition next year.

Alisa Mikonsaari, two-time Finnish national junior champion, places 4th at seniors last December. She is too one of the upcoming ladies, with Cecilia and Beata.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Beata Papp :love:. She'll be age eligible for Euros and Worlds this season and is another pretty Finn with potential.