ISU Communication 1609 | Golden Skate

ISU Communication 1609

fairly4

Medalist
i have a question regarding some of the wording, if they mark it out such as code of ethics does that mean the isu speed skating and figure skating council members don't have to follow a code of ethics.
it is on pages 60-63
but what i really am surprised is page 62 of age eligibility of juniors age 15 that can compete or competed in 2 senior events. ( it is not passed as i take it) they are taking it up this June council, but does that mean if it is passed if they juniors has skated in two senior events such as gp events, they
no longer skate in junior events-such as junior worlds. or did i total misundertand the meaning. (totally possible)

ISU Communications 1609

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I've only began to read the whole thing and the wording is way confusing.. but so far the Council basically
wants to reduce the power of the Technical Comittess and take any change on the techinical rules under their juridistiction. So not only they decide administrative stuff like numbers of entries and such but also things like value of jumps, etc.. That's just wrong IMO and I hope it doesnt get aproved. While the technical comittess can be sometimes total lunatics in their plans (mandatory uplifting music for the FD for example), letting all the big decissions on the hands of Speedy will make the ISU more of a dictatorship than already is.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
ibut what i really am surprised is page 62 of age eligibility of juniors age 15 that can compete or competed in 2 senior events. ( it is not passed as i take it) they are taking it up this June council, but does that mean if it is passed if they juniors has skated in two senior events such as gp events, they
no longer skate in junior events-such as junior worlds. or did i total misundertand the meaning. (totally possible)

OH yes, I finally got there lol. The council is basically proposing that any 15+ year old skater that has already competed in two senior ISU events (Grand Prix, Worlds, Euros, 4CC) even in different seasons can no longer skate in any Junior competition.

If this gets aproved can we call it the "Rippon Rule" :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OH yes, I finally got there lol. The council is basically proposing that any 15+ year old skater that has already competed in two senior ISU events (Grand Prix, Worlds, Euros, 4CC) even in different seasons can no longer skate in any Junior competition.

If this gets aproved can we call it the "Rippon Rule" :laugh:

Actually it could also be the Ashley Wagner rule. She competed in 2009 junior worlds after going to 2007 TEB, 2007 Skate Canada, 2008 4CC, 2008 Senior Worlds, 2008 Cup of China and 2008 NHK.

Elene G. has done the same thing going back and forth between senior and junior worlds.

I think it's a good rule. Besides it's super tough to transpose your senior program into a shorter one...after you practiced the longer one all year.