Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir article - very outspoken

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    You asked for it so please don't blame me for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EonPY...ext=1&index=67

lol that wasn't actually THAT bad. Dosen't hurt that I love that song. Anyhow, this has to be better than Heidi Montag's failed attempt at a singing career.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Twitter was all-atweet most of the week first with tweets about Evan implying Johnny just isn't good enough for SOI ("SOI only hires the best") then later in the week it was Johnny's replies as noted above. Wish Johnny hadn't gone there at all, very poor taste, but I think Evan's remarks were also poor taste. That's pretty harsh, saying Johnny's not "good enough" given the technical skills of much of the longtime cast members who may be pleasant skaters but don't have "better" skills or the "best" compared to Johnny. Then "Evan Lysacek says why he insulted Weir" went around. Both Johnny and Evan need to move on from each other!

Custom Title

Weir declares 'war' after Lysacek insults his talent

Figure skater Johnny Weir declares 'war' after Evan Lysacek insults his talent
    http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...is_talent.html
    He continued the mudslinging on Thursday when he told People, "I've never whined. I wasn't the one who falls dancing and gets a concussion and breaks toes and has hip replacement surgeries. If anyone whines, it's definitely Evan. He's done that his whole career, and I've never said anything about it just because there was no need."

"I have no respect for Evan Lysacek," added Weir, who is opening the new season for Ice Theatre of New York at Chelsea Piers.

Custom Title
    Wow, J is really digging himself a pit. I can see why he feels he's the Rodney Dangerfield of skating but he's really hurting himself. SOI will never, ever hire him now. And I'd rather see him skate than Evan. His skating is so beautiful. Still, FS needs drama and controversy and JW does indeed provide it. I do think he will regret most of these comments, sooner or later. Too bad!

Custom Title
    This is just getting embarassing. Calling SOI amateurish production after causing all those mess? Calling others names? Every now and then, you need to know when to take the high road and show modicum of social decorum. Not being able to do so doesn't mean you're a maverick. It is a sign of sociopath.

Custom Title
    LOL. JW hardly qualifies as a sociopath! Let's not start giving him psychiatric labels coz he's outspoken, proud and obviouusly hurt and angry that SOI did not sign him. He prolly really believes its the orientation thing when it's only really known to IMG EXACTLY the reasons he was not signed. A sociopath by definition, I think has no real feelings or empathy for others and JW does not fit that description. To be called lacking in talent must really hurt. I'm surprised at the usually PC Evan! He rarely says anything like this at all. He must be justifiably angry at JW for his winking behavior on Chelsea Lately. This was wrong of JW and I think he's making some real enemies.

I like Allissa, but JW must look at that choice and say " why her and not me? " She's a lovely skater but I don't think she has a fan base. Well, they are keeping it real, those 2 boys, fer sure!

Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    Twitter was all-atweet most of the week first with tweets about Evan implying Johnny just isn't good enough for SOI ("SOI only hires the best") then later in the week it was Johnny's replies as noted above. Wish Johnny hadn't gone there at all, very poor taste, but I think Evan's remarks were also poor taste. That's pretty harsh, saying Johnny's not "good enough" given the technical skills of much of the longtime cast members who may be pleasant skaters but don't have "better" skills or the "best" compared to Johnny. Then "Evan Lysacek says why he insulted Weir" went around. Both Johnny and Evan need to move on from each other!
    Thanks for your explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    This is just getting embarassing. Calling SOI amateurish production after causing all those mess? Calling others names? Every now and then, you need to know when to take the high road and show modicum of social decorum. Not being able to do so doesn't mean you're a maverick. It is a sign of sociopath.
    I agree that Weir has reached a new level of phoniness I didn't think was possible even for him.
    After months of politicking and then whining about not being part of SOI he now declares he is too good to skate with them.

Does Weir have an agent or advisor? He needs help and the fact that he has now felt it necessary to publicly "declare war on Evan" would be laughable if it wasn't so pitiful.

It is sad to see Weir give up the goodwill he justly earned in Vancouver with such demented, ill-conceived outbursts.

I hope Evan - who really knows how to push Weir's buttons - will not respond and move on. I see no reason for Evan to drag himslef down to the cesspool of bitterness and jealousy that has become Weir's world. (I bet that won't win any "best sentence awards" from mm)

Please Evan, ignore this socio and remember you are the Olympic champion. Please live up to your medal and remember you are the headliner for SOI and the one on DWTS. More negative comments from Evan will incur equal disgust from me.

Custom Title
    I think Johnny is trying to create a drama in the not so popular men's figure skating. By doing this, he may think that the more people may get interested in this sports. Mao and Yuna rivalry brought so many people into this sports. Why not Evan and Johnny rivalry? I do not know if it works or not, though.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Does Weir have an agent or advisor? He needs help and the fact that he has now felt it necessary to publicly "declare war on Evan" would be laughable if it wasn't so pitiful.
    it wouldn't matter, as his diva-esque "reality show" proved - he doesn't listen to everyone.

Custom Title
    oouch, I love JW's skating. It seemed yesterday that he was a junior skater and publicly stating Michelle is her role model. Sigh.. JW learn from MK then

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    If Johnny can sing, well maybe he could turn to American Idol. Has anyone heard him sing?
    Yes I heard him sing. OK but at times he goes way off key. I've heard worse but Johnny will never make it as a singer.

Custom Title
    Wow. Sore loser much?
    This actually turns my stomach when I read it.

Down With It
    Ah, trash talking eh? Why is it ok in other sports but not skating?

Heck, knowing society these days, if this feud goes mainstream, it may get more people interested in watching. Especially fresh off the Olympics.

(I did think the bit about SOI was out of line, however- not a good idea to burn bridges like that, especially since his potential show's success isn't guaranteed)
    Last edited by R.D.; 05-02-2010 at 03:51 PM.

he burned bridges with SOI well before this, judging by comments made by other skaters over this whole feud. To be honest, I think Johnny's controversial label was what did him in. 'lifestyle' or not, I don't think that was a deciding factor. Maybe his over the top reality show and his off the wall comments in the media, but not the idea that he isn't 'traditional'. The fact that he can't play nice and meld into their already established family is my reasoning as to why he's not on.

wonder what his good friends Tanith and Sasha think of his comments about the cast and show.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast