Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir article - very outspoken

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    ...to drag himslef down to the cesspool of bitterness and jealousy that has become Weir's world. (I bet that won't win any "best sentence awards" from mm)
    6.0!

Custom Title
    It was strange that Lysacek called Weir a bad skater. That SOI wont hire Weir because he is some kind of skating trash. That went far beyond anything Weir has ever said.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    he burned bridges with SOI well before this, judging by comments made by other skaters over this whole feud. To be honest, I think Johnny's controversial label was what did him in. 'lifestyle' or not, I don't think that was a deciding factor. Maybe his over the top reality show and his off the wall comments in the media, but not the idea that he isn't 'traditional'. The fact that he can't play nice and meld into their already established family is my reasoning as to why he's not on.
    Yeah. I think another big thing is promotion. You see cast members like Cohen, Weiss, etc. get on news programs and advertise the show, say a bunch of good old PR things about it, etc. to get people to come and see the show. I take it Weir wouldn't do that...he likes being "honest".

Anyway, I figured he already knows he's not going to be on SOI ever, so he feels free to declare open season on them.

__________________________________________________ ______

HALF-JOKING

Hey, Skating fans should actually be encouraging this feud to continue, since it might translate to juicy tabloid news, which could translate to a story for FS on TV, which = potentially more viewers = more sponsorships = more skating on TV.
    Last edited by R.D.; 05-02-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    6.0!
    The tears would have flowed for a 5.8

To gmyers:

I agree with you. But Evan was responding to Johnny though....and he did make a nice and decent sounding apology and even berated himself for what he said. Another person might have accepted Evan's apology or atleast had a classier comeback.

*never mind*
    Last edited by Mathman; 05-02-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Infraction for Mathman

I really don't follow figure skating gossip. Can any of these quotes be documented? At least it didn't become physical as with thoser two US Ladies.

joe there are several articles on the feud in teh last couple of days (the ones by Johnny Weir are linked) he also went on several talk shows to talk about it...

but yeah, for someone who 'doesn't care what others think' he sure acts like it

Toni, what little I know about it, it does seem like something I ignore. I'd rather talk about their skating and Evan's new found talent of dancing.

I've only followed it due to the threads here... I don't know who started it, I don't care to know, I have my own opinions on each and right now I'm just overly annoyed with both of them reverting back to their teenage mentalities. They're 25/26 years old, they need to start showing it a bit more.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    It was strange that Lysacek called Weir a bad skater. That SOI wont hire Weir because he is some kind of skating trash. That went far beyond anything Weir has ever said.
    I have to fully agree with this. :indiff:

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I really don't follow figure skating gossip. Can any of these quotes be documented? At least it didn't become physical as with thoser two US Ladies.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    In all honesty, the only thing I can say is

Boys, boys.....go to your rooms!!!!!!

Custom Title
    They both sound like high school girls and I do mean GIRLS.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Evan never said Weir was a "bad skater." He said SOI is very particular about who they hire, that they have high standard. He said Johnny was probably disappointed because of money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginask8s View Post
    They both sound like high school girls and I do mean GIRLS.
    Couldn't your comparison be considered pretty insulting to GIRLS?

But atleast one of them was "man" enough to apologize. The other apparently went into psycho mode

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast