Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In all honesty, the only thing I can say is

Boys, boys.....go to your rooms!!!!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It was strange that Lysacek called Weir a bad skater. That SOI wont hire Weir because he is some kind of skating trash. That went far beyond anything Weir has ever said.

Evan never said Weir was a "bad skater." He said SOI is very particular about who they hire, that they have high standard. He said Johnny was probably disappointed because of money involved.

janetfan

Match Penalty
They both sound like high school girls and I do mean GIRLS.

Couldn't your comparison be considered pretty insulting to GIRLS? ;)

But atleast one of them was "man" enough to apologize. The other apparently went into psycho mode :laugh:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here's the exact quote from the Indianapolis Star:
Fellow American Olympic skater Johnny Weir has said he feels snubbed by “Stars on Ice” because his sexual orientation wasn’t “family-friendly enough.” Thoughts?
“Stars on Ice” is really selective of who they hire and they only hire the best of the best to skate. It would’ve been hard of them to justify hiring him, and I think he was really upset because he wanted the financial benefit of the tour. A lot of us in the skating world were really disappointed in the way he reacted, basically whining that he wasn’t chosen.

Evan implying that Johnny is not "the best of the best" is ludicrous when you consider who is skating. Michael Weiss, who Johnny beat as US Champion in 2004, is still skating. PUL-lease! Alissa, who never met a sheet of ice she couldn't fall on...Sasha who won't attempt many triple jumps for the same reason.....I could go on, but you get my drift.

And Johnny has recently tied with Evan as recently as 2008....for Evan to dis Johnny that way is completely lacking in class. What kind of Olympic Champion is he?

What Evan said:

Stars on Ice is really selective of who they hire and they only hire the best of the best to skate. It would’ve been hard of them to justify hiring him, and I think he was really upset because he wanted the financial benefit of the tour. A lot of us in the skating world were really disappointed in the way he reacted, basically whining that he wasn’t chosen.

Hoping to call a truce with his colleague, Lysacek issued a statement on Friday, calling Weir "an accomplished and talented skater."

I let my personal feelings cloud my judgment in how I answered a journalist's question about 'Stars on Ice' and Johnny that I should never have answered. I should have known better.

What Johnny said:

I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked. I find it an amateurish tour in a way, the production quality.

I think in general (Lysacek is) a very jealous person and a very two faced person.

Weir fired back while on "The Wendy Williams Show" on Wednesday by calling him a "slore," a combination of a "****" and "*****."

"I've never whined. I wasn't the one who falls dancing and gets a concussion and breaks toes and has hip replacement surgeries. If anyone whines, it's definitely Evan. He's done that his whole career, and I've never said anything about it just because there was no need."

He’s probably very jealous that despite the fact he’s an Olympic champion he’s on “Dancing with the Stars” and I’m writing a book and recording a song. I’m crossing over to be a personality."

Form your own opinions.

janetfan

Match Penalty
6.0's across the board.....except for the E. german judge who only gave you a 4.2 :biggrin:

^ OT -- I forgot to note on the post about Goebel and Plushenko at the 2002 Olympics, that the judge from Finland gave Timmy a 5.6 for tech. :laugh:

I guess he needed four quads and three triple Axels for a 5.7.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh dear, Dios mio, the battle of Evan and Johnny is like a he said she said. and not about skating.

that's all their rivalry has ever been since Juniors. :sheesh: they're stuck at age 16.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
[ QUOTE=janetfan;500417]Couldn't your comparison be considered pretty insulting to GIRLS? ;)

But atleast one of them was "man" enough to apologize. The other apparently went into psycho mode :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Didnt you see "Mean Girls"?

Evan is really good at damage control and generally has his politically correct responces down. Something really set him off to stray from his well rehearsed dialogue. Jonny is off the wall now poor thing......

Something really set (Evan) off...

As I understand it, Johnny was on some TV show and the subject came up about sexual orientation. Johnny gave a wink in a situation that made it seem like he was saying. "Evan is gay, too." Johnny later said that the TV show edited the footage to make it seem like that, but in reality nothing of the sort happened.

princess9

On the Ice
:disapp:Hmmm, I'd say based on the previous post that we have caught JW in a lie. I highly doubt an editor would play with fire. I think Evan has a right to keep his orientation secret. I don't know if we get to speculate but this is a gossip thread anyway. I would say that JW hit a nerve despite the posings of Evan with pretty blonds. Some male gay skaters have done the marriage bit to have children and JW feels this is terribly phony based on comments I've read over the years.

I think Evan easily could have and SHOULD have ignored the "wink." Replying to it by attacking JW's skating, LOOKS like he's very defensive and is doing what he can to subtley say JW is NOT family friendly and a poor skater. I really don't see that Evan is being a class act here. It's easy to be gracious when you've got OGM to a former champ like Plush. And it would have been smarter for evan to IGNORE the wink and its implication. Because now people are wondering, Gee, what's Evan so agitated about if he's so secure in his masculinity?

I admire Evan's work ethic and he's given us good skating to watch. And I don't agree that JW has the right to out Evan. Very nasty. But then, that's part of his appeal. JW is the fallen angel.

I'd say Evan really blew his cover here and the apology seems insincere and too late. I understand his counter attack but he should have called Hamilton and Carroll for advice on how to handle the questions people have about him, and the nasty outting attack. Or call Dick Button's old publicist for that matter.

I still like both these skaters but am ready for some great new men to hit the scene. These two should take a lesson from Boitano and Orser. Very tacky, very immature. I hope they both get over them selves already...boring!

Bennett

Record Breaker
I actually don't get why some people are reacting to the wink thing in the way they do.

That "Tanith is his friend (wink)," rather than his "ex-girlfriend," may just mean Johnny thinks that 1) they are now friends and that 2) Tanith is completely over her past love (wink).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
As I understand it, Johnny was on some TV show and the subject came up about sexual orientation. Johnny gave a wink in a situation that made it seem like he was saying. "Evan is gay, too." Johnny later said that the TV show edited the footage to make it seem like that, but in reality nothing of the sort happened.

it's not the first time Johnny's toed the line without just coming out and saying "Evan's gay" though. He blames it on the media when teh backlash starts, but you'd think he'd learn by now...

ETA - if ever there is a question on what is and is not allowed, please check the guidelines. This is not a 'rumor' board or thread. :)

If Evan interpreted that wink as an insinuation that he is gay, then I can understand Evan's reactions. No man wants to hear from any source that he is gay including closeted gays.

As to the Tanith thing, why didn't Johnny accuse the USFS of that setup? I don't think Evan is so involved with whether or not Figure Skating is a girls sport.

I'm afraid and very sorry for Johnny that his flamboyant behaviour didn't gell in the real world. He was/is a really good skater.

Wicked

Final Flight
wonder what his good friends Tanith and Sasha think of his comments about the cast and show.

I've been wondering what Tanith in particular thinks about his comments. I really like Johnny as a skater, enjoy his show, and think he is interesting. This behavior is all very disappointing. It's also very boring.

wallylutz

Medalist
I took the wink thing as speaking for Tanith in a way because J and T seem good friends.

But Tanith would never behave like Johnny just did. She is very well spoken no matter what kind of hot button question she faces. It would be wrong to assume Weir's answer in anyway represents Tanith's take on the same question.