Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket

cosmos

On the Ice
Re: Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket

AFAIK, one person/one vote :)
I heard An account/a vote. You have to make many accounts in order to vote mutiple times.

I am personally VERY surprised that yu-na is that much more popular than Michelle in the US. Are people that Enamoued with her?
I am sure that YuNa's Korean fans voted. But, not all, of course. I didn't vote (for YuNa) because I don't have the faceBook account, and I didn't bother to make one because I didn't think it was a serious poll. Anyway, I believe it is true that YuNa has fans in North America.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

I think some people take this poll too seriously..lol
As YunaBliss said, this was nothing more than a popularity contest.

Congrats,Yuna :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/YunaWorks?feature=chclk#p/a/f/0/Nlo5B5BM3eE

I hope this suggestion will be helpful..it definitely worked for me :D

Thanks for posting. This is one of my favorite group numbers. Beautiful skating.
It will be interesting to see if the 2010 Gala outshines the 2009 Gala which for me
was the best Gala I have ever seen.

Soldier of Love

Rinkside

Hey, 7000 people cn't all be wrong! Go Yu-na! :rock:

No, but they can all be from Korea. lol

I love Yu-Na. I love Yu-Na the skater. I love Yu-Na the humanitarian. However, IMO she is not the greatest skater ever. It's silly to say that when you think of the dominance of Rodnina, Kwan, G&G Witt etc. Yu-Na is no more accomplished than Tara Lipinski - One World title, one Olympic title.

I voted, and I'm outside the US. She has many fans in Korea (needless to say lol), and they voted for her, just as they did with the Times list.

As gifted as she is, IMO, she is the slightest bit overrated. sorry.

YunaBliss

On the Ice

I don't think she is "overrated" at all. She has won every title there is to win, and has never finished off the podium EVER, and even when she didn't win, she placed either 1st in SP or LP in every competition she entered. That is pure greatness, period.

DrunkenIce

Rinkside

Yu-Na is no more accomplished than Tara Lipinski - One World title, one Olympic title.
As gifted as she is, IMO, she is the slightest bit overrated. sorry.

hmm..I don't agree with that..
Yuna has won every major title and owns the records for the highest ladies sp and lp and overall scores under the cop. And she has never once finished off the podium. (Only her in last 50 years) I know that it doesn't mean she's greatest ever but IMO, she is the slightest bit underrated. ;)

Last edited:

prettykeys

Medalist

I heard An account/a vote. You have to make many accounts in order to vote mutiple times.

I am sure that YuNa's Korean fans voted. But, not all, of course. I didn't vote (for YuNa) because I don't have the faceBook account, and I didn't bother to make one because I didn't think it was a serious poll. Anyway, I believe it is true that YuNa has fans in North America.
Same - I have no Facebook and decided from the beginning that this poll was silly. :p

No, but they can all be from Korea. lol

I love Yu-Na. I love Yu-Na the skater. I love Yu-Na the humanitarian. However, IMO she is not the greatest skater ever. It's silly to say that when you think of the dominance of Rodnina, Kwan, G&G Witt etc. Yu-Na is no more accomplished than Tara Lipinski - One World title, one Olympic title.
YuNa was more dominant in the two seasons of 2008-2010 than Tara was in the two seasons of 1996-1998. Of 9 international events Tara attended, she won 4: including World, Olympic, and Champion Series Final (then's GPF). Of 10 international events YuNa attended, she won 8, and came in 2nd for two events.

Is it really silly to compare it with Kwan's so-called dominance? Kwan won 1/5 of the GPFs she attended. YuNa has won 3/4 GPFs.

It's fine to believe YuNa is "the slightest bit overrated", but you're not really applying your criteria consistently. Pick some other reasons, please. :)

i love to skate

Medalist

YuNa was more dominant in the two seasons of 2008-2010 than Tara was in the two seasons of 1996-1998. Of 9 international events Tara attended, she won 4: including World, Olympic, and Champion Series Final (then's GPF). Of 10 international events YuNa attended, she won 8, and came in 2nd for two events.

Tara did finish on the podium for the events she did not win though. I wouldn't say Tara was "dominant" but more of a "dynamo". However, it terms of the most coveted titles (World and Olympics), Tara and Yuna are tied.

DrunkenIce

Rinkside

I voted, and I'm outside the US. She has many fans in Korea (needless to say lol), and they voted for her, just as they did with the Times list.

Of course they voted for her on the Times online poll but that picked Iranian opposition leader Mir-Hossein Mousavi, who received more than 800,000 votes, as the winner. He is on the "heroes" section of the 100 list as well.
(yuna's 3rd on that poll and on the "heroes" section too,but My Adam Lambert:love: (6th) didn't make the 100 Most Influential People List :disapp: by the way..hh)
The Time 100 is largely chosen by a panel of the magazine's editorial staff, although some honorees are selected through an online ballot of readers. This year, that ballot picked the Mir-Hossein Mousavi not yuna. :)

Tara did finish on the podium for the events she did not win though. I wouldn't say Tara was "dominant" but more of a "dynamo". However, it terms of the most coveted titles (World and Olympics), Tara and Yuna are tied.
Hi :)
Tara was more of a "dynamo"..ITA.
One World,one Olympic, yes they are tied and I know what you mean..actually when it comes to the most coveted titles,then i think greatest skater ever has to be Sonja Henie who is a three-time Oly champion, a ten-time world champion. :)
Everyone has their own definition of greatness (this is why i think this poll is silly) and i think it's not all about "How many titles you have"..so the fact that they are tied with titles doesn't show that yuna is no more accomplished than Tara.

Last edited: