Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket

seniorita

Record Breaker
Re: Wow....U.S. Figure Skating launches "greatest ever" bracket

wel it appeared on my wall the day they published it and maybe it was not a problem then to vote,but then i forgot to see who won. I like G/G a lot but were not on my era as a fan so..

anyway these kinds of polls are for fun i guess. Maybe facebook was bored in off season as well;)

I just saw yuna has 3,862 votes>?:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Fans of Michelle Kwan are fans of real skating.

Real skating hasn't been around for years.

No wonder her fans wouldn't be paying attention to a poll like this.

hm. G&G had the same skating qualities as Kwan and were just as successful. Gotta say that liking the Kween is a really lame rule for whether or not someone is a fan of "real" skating. :sheesh:

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States

hm. G&G had the same skating qualities as Kwan and were just as successful. Gotta say that liking the Kween is a really lame rule for whether or not someone is a fan of "real" skating. :sheesh:

I would argue that Katia & Sergei were more successful, rather than as successful as Michelle. Not a knock on Michelle as much as recognition of a true pair love story, a fairytale competitive career, a tragedy with his life ending so young, and Katia's beauty living on. What a stroy...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Yeah, seriously Blades, how are fans of Kwan fans of real skating moreso than fans of G/G?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

I'm just being over-the-top.

Although I think there is some merit in the idea of Yu-Na Kim fans voting against Kwan. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't actually mind Kwan losing to G&G because they were of course amazing. Torvill&Dean or Yagudin defeating Kwan would be fine too.

EricRohmer

On the Ice

If Kwan had won G&G, she would have met Orser?
Then, why yuna-fans would bother to vote against Kwan at this round? not waiting to use even easier and more understandable and more doubt-free way(voting for Orser) at just next round?

And
yuna-fans are not so clever(the cleverness that I would admire seeing yuna-antis' tools at youtube..) as to think a 'vote against their greatest competitors to ensure their skater will have a easier route in the next round' logic.

Last edited:

prettykeys

Medalist

YuNa Kim wins again. Just like she wins Olympics, Time 100 polls, costume comparisons, and @ life in general. She should just change her name to YuNa Win.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

YuNa Kim wins again. Just like she wins Olympics, Time 100 polls, costume comparisons, and @ life in general. She should just change her name to YuNa Win.

:laugh: :thumbsup:

christinaskater

Medalist

Michelle Kwan is the greatest for me

----------------

Yu-Na is amazing as well

Akiko Suzuki is my number 2 though, she is like MK

YunaBliss

On the Ice

It's official.

Yuna is voted as the Greatest Figure Skater of All-Time in the USFSA poll, gathering more than 7,000 votes compared to about 130 for Torvill & Dean.

Yes, this was nothing more than a popularity contest, but the way she absolutely conquered this poll is actually quite amazing.

Congratulations, Queen Yuna!! (I can't wait for the ATS ice show next Friday!!)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker

It's official.

Yuna is voted as the Greatest Figure Skater of All-Time in the USFSA poll, gathering more than 7,000 votes compared to about 130 for Torvill & Dean.

Yes, this was nothing more than a popularity contest, but the way she absolutely conquered this poll is actually quite amazing.

I know. Like it was even going to be close lol. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

So glad I didnt get emotionally invested in this one. :sheesh:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

It's official.

That's just stupid.

gmyers

Record Breaker

I wish I got something from her skating like her fans do.

Hey, 7000 people cn't all be wrong! Go Yu-na! :rock:

My girl only got 200 votes or so. :cry: Oh well, that's what she gets for not having a Twitter account or a Facebook page. As the CoP has taught us, evolve or die. ;)

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Not really, and ITA, ITA. :D

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I am personally VERY surprised that yu-na is that much more popular than Michelle in the US. Are people that Enamoued with her?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

American's were not the only ones allowed to vote, and you could vote more than once in the polls... kinda like American Idol.