Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi: Making History

Rinkside
    Shae Lynn bourne!!!! WOW! I Looooooove her, and my current most favorite skater is Dai!!

So MUST be wonderful these two make a program together.
    I can't wait next season!!!

nefertiti..reincarnate
    The news doesn't mention, but IIRC Dai said that he would prefer 2 choreographers, for the short and the long. Though I can't retrieve the source.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Hey, he almost landed that quad.
    Nah. Not really. Kudos to Dai for trying it, although he probably knew it would be an unsuccessful attempt. His practice reports that week were far from promising, with botched jumps and hard falls left to right. I admire his courage and perservearence, to try it although prospects were unlikely. But I'm with Bennett on this one. I would prefer to see him land it, rather than receive praise for an attempt (although his personality shines). He probably did feel obliged to include a quad because he had done so in the Olympics in the sentiment that OGMs must include that jump (his idol is Plushenko), but his strategy wasn't too wise. He did execute all the other elements in his program with finesse and passion, and there's no other person I would rather have on top, but next season, I would like to see him play smarter.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Oh and go for the Shae-Lynn and Dai combo Shae-Lynn's an awesome choreographer who can be, if I may ue the word, cool. Her programs are usually breaths of fresh air. I find so many programs to be stuffy, corny or indistinguishable from the rest. Dai has outstanding skating skills (love his edges!). I hope Shae-Lynn (of ice dancing origins) brings out the best in him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2