Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Domnina/Shabalin

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Oksana never liked it in America, of course she doen't want to go live there ever again. Does that make her "anti-American" in her sport? What does it even mean?
    I don't remember Oksana said something anti-american about her sport. She said several times that she didn't like to live in America and wanted to come back home and I can understand her. Her parents, boyfriend, all of her friends were in Russia, she missed them very much. She is not the big supporter, yes. But she is also not anti-american. She just loves Russia and wants russian skaters to be succesful in Sochi. What's wrong with that?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia_ View Post
    Glad you enjoy it!

Maybe go out to more of these competitions and you will see what I mean...rather than "pretending" to be their fan.

(I was at the EC by the way and some of the things skaters said was and )
    What the heck are you talking about, are you three? I was at last year's Worlds, 2009 and 2010 Euros, plus the Olys. Does that mean I win?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    What the heck are you talking about, are you three? I was at last year's Worlds, 2009 and 2010 Euros, plus the Olys. Does that mean I win?
    If you did then you must already know all the things she said.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I don't remember Oksana said something anti-american about her sport. She said several times that she didn't like to live in America and wanted to come back home and I can understand her. Her parents, boyfriend, all of her friends were in Russia, she missed them very much. She is not the big supporter, yes. But she is also not anti-american. She just loves Russia and wants russian skaters to be succesful in Sochi. What's wrong with that?
    Thank you!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia_ View Post
    If you did then you must already know all the things she said.
    Obviously I was being distracted. Care to enlighten me about what "anti-American" remarks she made in Tallin?
    Last edited by ostile17; 05-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    coaches who work with kids, juniors, etc.
    Yes, I agree that not only is that more "doable" but more useful as well. Elite teams can always go abroad, whether it is to train with Russian or non-Russian coaches (have there ben examples of the latter? I do not recall), whereas it's the lower level coaches that are sorely needed "at home".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3