Who Will Be Mao's New Coaches? | Golden Skate

Who Will Be Mao's New Coaches?

Bennett

Record Breaker
I speculate that

- Mr. Kozuka may play some role because he is an advisor at Chukyo University.

- Mr. Sato also may be available now that Yukari retired.

- Mr. Nagakubo may be an excellent jump coach, but he is taking care of Akiko.

- Takeshi Honda may be available parttime.

- Ms. Machiko Yamada may not be available, but she could be a mentor to help her psychologically.

I sincerely hopes that Mao uses not only TAT, but also goes back to Lori Nichol or use Tom Dickson. I am getting tired of melancholic selection of hers.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
When I opened this thread I thought Mao had chosen a new coach. lol

princess9

On the Ice
Here's Mr. Sato's daughter :love: landing six triples at the 1995 World Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcSjJ-bfCQ

Yes, always was a great athlete and with the years became the most sublime skater. I think she lacks Kristi's total versatility as a dancer on ice but I'd say she has the best edges of anyone skating then or now. I'd rather watch her skate than just about anyone. And I loved how she learned pairs to keep her hubby skating after he lost his former partner. Her soft beautiful style is so elegant. Just love Yuka!

sodessss

Rinkside
Mao's mom said she wanted shizuka arakawa as Mao's new coach in her recent interview. She really admires Arakawa's beautiful Ina Bauer and her artistry. And she said they wanted relatively young coach because Mao is shy of strangers and a little bit socially inept. I think it's great idea.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
Mao's mom said she wanted shizuka arakawa as Mao's new coach in her recent interview. She really admires Arakawa's beautiful Ina Bauer and her artistry. And she said they wanted relatively young coach because Mao is shy of strangers and a little bit socially inept. I think it's great idea.

Where did you see the interview?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
interesting idea. I guess Morozov is officially not an option now that he is going back to team Russia and Miki is not retiring. I would like to see Shiuzka/Mao team, if only for how cute they would look in the kiss and cry together!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Wow, it's very rare for a news like that coming out before decided.

Shizuka of course would be fantastic for Mao but she may be too many things going on for herself yet.

sodessss

Rinkside
Mao's mom also said her daughter needed a coach and friend. (Mao really needs real friends besides her mom and sister Mai. ) I hope Shizuka accept her offer. It would be really a perfect team.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Isn't it a Japanese weekly magazine? I saw a headline only. It's a nice idea but Shizuka likes skating by herself in ice shows, so this will not happen, I think.

It would be lovely if she can be kind of a mentor of Mao to give her advice once in a while:)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
It would be lovely if she can be kind of a mentor of Mao to give her advice once in a while:)

Yes, I like the sound of that. Didn't she make chocolate for all the Japanese figure skaters heading to the Olympics? How sweet.

jasminum

Rinkside

It's not an interview with Mao's mom.
The article says, "It is reportedly said that Mao's mom told a friend of her late March that she'd like Shizuka to coach Mao."
In the same article, Shizuka says she cannot comment as she hasn't been asked officially.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
It's not an interview with Mao's mom.
The article says, "It is reportedly said that Mao's mom told a friend of her late March that she'd like Shizuka to coach Mao."
In the same article, Shizuka says she cannot comment as she hasn't been asked officially.
Did Mao's mom really say that her daugher is socially inept??Did you find it in that article?