Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir article - very outspoken

Custom Title

Johnny Weir article - very outspoken

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/...and-lady-gaga/

about Stars on Ice -
    "I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked. I find it an amateurish tour in a way, the production quality. That’s why I’m trying to do my own show and do something new."

about Evan - " ...I think in general he’s a very jealous person and a very two faced person. He’s the kind of person who will rehearse what he’s going to say in an interview two weeks in advance.

He’s probably very jealous that despite the fact he’s an Olympic champion he’s on “Dancing with the Stars” and I’m writing a book and recording a song. I’m crossing over to be a personality."

he's not what I would call a good sportsman. Apparently Johnny is doing the "All About Me" routine, and unnecessarily blasting Stars on Ice, and Evan which imo, shows his jealousy. We should all not forget that Johnny is crossing over to be a peronality - whatever that means? My question: Was that his goal when he took up Figure Skating or was it developed after not becoming an Olympic Champion which I believe was why he took up the Sport in the first place.

He is suffering from delusions of grandeur but he has the foresight to see he will never win any Oly gold. So his Plan B becomes a Jack-of-All Trades outside of skating.

How sad this is for me, who found him the most potential young skater back in 2001 Nationals. JMO.

Custom Title
    I always cringe when I hear someone speak like this. It makes the person sound small and spiteful. Whatever has come between Johnny and Evan (if anything, or if this is in Weir's own mind), there's no call to speak like this for the public forum. Also, right now his statements bring to mind Evan's self-possessed, articulate, and dignified response to Plushenko's sniping at the Olympics--and Johnny suffers by the comparison. (He even suffers by comparison to Plushenko in this case! At least Plushy had cause for being a bit unsuitably emotional, because he had just lost the gold by mere inches.)

Why does this kind of nastiness always get classified as "honest" and "straightforward"? It gives honesty a bad name.

I love that Johnny thinks that Evan's jealous because "I'm recording a song." Do you think Evan fancies himself a singer? I'm getting to like Evan more and more.
    Last edited by Olympia; 05-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.

This Johnny and Evan thing is like beating a dead horse. Enough already.

Problem is with his devoted fans who will praise him for being so outspoken.

Speaking of people trying to bring you down, Evan Lysacek’s comments earlier this week were pretty harsh.
    What did Evan say?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    ...Do you think Evan fancies himself a singer?
    What?! and give up his career as a dancer?

Rinkside
    Yeah, I'm sure that Evan is so jealous of Johnny. Evan has nothing going for him except an Olympic gold medal, a world championship, two US. titles, among other skating accomplishments. And sponsors. A headliner spot on Stars On Ice. A gig on Dancing With The Stars, a show that is #1 most of the time in the TV ratings. At least a couple of TV skating shows coming up, and probably more. I don't think that Evan has the time right now to record a song and write a book (if he really wanted to).

If Johnny can sing, well maybe he could turn to American Idol. Has anyone heard him sing?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    If Johnny can sing, well maybe he could turn to American Idol. Has anyone heard him sing?
    You asked for it so please don't blame me for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EonPY...ext=1&index=67

Last edited by janetfan; 05-01-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    This is getting very old. We all know Johnny's 15 min of fame will fade soon, but I am tired of waiting. If arguing with Evan is the only thing that make Johnny interesting or relevant he must realize how unimportant he is.

Custom Title
    Johnny CAN'T sing; he actually said that before the Olympics, so why he's recording a song I DON'T get. But I guess if it's a cute lyric, they can doctor anyone's voice enough these days. I think he is a great personality, and I'm looking forward to his book. But THIS is just plain stupid. Evan was pissed about Chesea Lately, retaliated, and then graciously apologized. Evan stated recently that he and Johnny have had approximately 3 conversations and they don't know each other well. Johnny insists on not being put in a sexuality 'box'? But will help insinuate Evan into one? I actually think Johnny has the greater potential to be a lasting 'personality'. But why the Evan fixation? They are SO different. I really hope Johnny keeps a little likability with his divaness.

Custom Title
    This whole thing is tiring. Not of fan of either anymore but I agree that SOI isn't as polished anymore. I also don't blame Johnny for being annoyed. Johnny is one of the top skaters and he is elite. Evan was wrong for going there but I wish Johnny would have skipped this article because it only makes him look jealous.
    Last edited by lavender; 05-02-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Custom Title
    Johnny Weir is becoming so gimmicky and tacky. Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    You asked for it so please don't blame me for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EonPY...ext=1&index=67

I was expecting Nessum Dormi but this is a good sample for him not to go that route.

His 15 minutes are almost up He has no cause to be bitter. I hope his fashion designing continues.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast