Tomas's next season | Golden Skate

Tomas's next season

Morning Glory

On the Ice
What's a perfect title of the program!

Yes, it's a perfect title to the present Tomas. Seeing his performance, I've found he has already looked on the bright side!

BTW, I can not send a PM to you, Bennett. The error message said you were disposing the messages, so no further messages were accepted.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I LOVE TOMAS! He is continuing in competitive skating right? Please don't retire!

I love Tomas, too (silverlake and I never disagree on that)!

I hope he does not retire and will do a Miki Ando 2007 Worlds!!

Actually, he may be a type of person who may do well going to Morosov. M has a history of coaching skaters who were going through big slumps and helping them boost their confidence, and helping them win. Not only Miki, but also Oda was pretty devastated when he went to Morosov after the DUI suspention. M observes skaters so well. In Nob's case, he never scolded Nob because he is already hard on himself and instead M gave him a lot of positive comments to boost his confidence. As a result he had impressive comeback seasons despite some unfortunate incidents which M is not responsible for. Another example is Fumie Suguri whose career had been stuck after Torino Oly, but when she went to Morosov, she was told to focus on only her strengths and indeed did well at GPs, won the Nationals LP segment, and made the Worlds team.

Carolina also did a lot better at Worlds after the Oly. I heard that she had some coaching change/modification in team. I don't know the whole story. But is that the young gentleman who is helping her a lot?

I hope that Tomas can find the way to boost and maintain his confidence.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I like Verner. His short program and long programs were interesting to me. Something has to be done with the fact that in his skating he frequently either hits his quad triple and misses every other jump or he misses the quad triple and hits everything else. I mean that is a little weird.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I like Verner. His short program and long programs were interesting to me. Something has to be done with the fact that in his skating he frequently either hits his quad triple and misses every other jump or he misses the quad triple and hits everything else. I mean that is a little weird.

I know it is so weird, but in some ways it's good, because it means that his problems are likely psychological and not technique based. Because I mean, sometimes he does huge 4t-3t and then singles his axels, sometimes his 3a is huge and beautiful and he pops the lutzes and flips, sometimes his lutzes and flips are on and he messes up on the axels or quads. I think it would be in his best interest to leave Huth, his skaters just always seem to have consistency issues. I know Brezina spends some time training in Obersdorf, but he has different coaches and clearly his consistency is great. Carolina has been working with Fassi, but I don't know if she is back in Italy now, but she certainly was much MUCH better in Torino (in her home country to boot!) than in Vancouver. I know Brezina is amazing but if Tomas gets his confidence back and gains some consistency he can be just as good, maybe even better because of his maturity and experience, I think he can do it, I think the flu he got this season hurt his condition physically and then Brezina's success overwhelmed him and the weakend physical condition coupled with loss of confidence reeked havoc. He is a happy guy, talented, and a great performer (the crowd LOVES him), I think he can bounce back.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Why not a new Pairs team with Tomas and Alissa? :)
They could show some really elegant skating - and waiting for their side by sides ..... will they or won't they splat......... will they splat in unison or separately........ the sheer drama of it all could make them one of the most exciting Pairs teams in history. ;)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Why not a new Pairs team with Tomas and Alissa? :)
They could show some really elegant skating - and waiting for their side by sides ..... will they or won't they splat......... will they splat in unison or separately........ the sheer drama of it all could make them one of the most exciting Pairs teams in history. ;)

Oh dear....they would be very beautiful :love: but so hard to watch :eek:hwell:! Why don't we add the pair of Carolina and Jeremy to the mix just to make the pairs more suspenseful :laugh:!

gmyers

Record Breaker
I know it is so weird, but in some ways it's good, because it means that his problems are likely psychological and not technique based. Because I mean, sometimes he does huge 4t-3t and then singles his axels, sometimes his 3a is huge and beautiful and he pops the lutzes and flips, sometimes his lutzes and flips are on and he messes up on the axels or quads. I think it would be in his best interest to leave Huth, his skaters just always seem to have consistency issues. I know Brezina spends some time training in Obersdorf, but he has different coaches and clearly his consistency is great. Carolina has been working with Fassi, but I don't know if she is back in Italy now, but she certainly was much MUCH better in Torino (in her home country to boot!) than in Vancouver. I know Brezina is amazing but if Tomas gets his confidence back and gains some consistency he can be just as good, maybe even better because of his maturity and experience, I think he can do it, I think the flu he got this season hurt his condition physically and then Brezina's success overwhelmed him and the weakend physical condition coupled with loss of confidence reeked havoc. He is a happy guy, talented, and a great performer (the crowd LOVES him), I think he can bounce back.

Good rundown of his 2009-2010 season. I hope he can bounce back. He has the talent to.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Good rundown of his 2009-2010 season. I hope he can bounce back. He has the talent to.

His official website says he is taking some downtime to focus on school, hoping to finish sometime early this summer I think, and then will return to training for the upcoming season once he figures out what went wrong this season. I really hope he does pull a Miki Ando comeback though, that would be awesome! The if next year is anything like 2008 Worlds, Tomas will win and Brezina can come in a very close second :agree: wouldn't that be nice? :)

alopatra

Rinkside
according to the latest article (in Czech only) http://sport.idnes.cz/budu-se-pripr...e-p92-/sporty.asp?c=A100512_141522_sporty_fil
he is training with his former coach (Vlasta Koprivova) in May and June but plans to part ways with both Michael Huth and Vlasta Koprivova at the beginning of the summer. For the first time in a long time, he won't be prepering himself for the new season in Oberstdorf and will spend the summer overseas instead, training in several places including Toronto (with Brian Orser), New Jersey and Detroit. He intends to try out the canadian-american style of training to see whether it works for him. If it does indeed, he will stay in US/Canada, if it does not, he might go back to his old coaching team. He is also planning big changes in his psychological preparation but doesn't want to reveal any details yet. He only hinted this would include working with guy involved in the preparation of Thaiboxers

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow! It's great to here that he wants to do what it takes to boost his career. Brian Orser is really mr favorite coach right now.. I guess it comes with being an Olympic Champion's coach... I really hope he has a good season. Considering he can do all the jumps fine (including the quad) but seems to falter under pressure, a change of environment, a different attitude and a good psychologist could do wonders for him.