Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Joubert continue four more years?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Why shouldn't he skate another 4 years? He and only he can make that decision from his heart and from his brain. He is a good entertainer on skates for those who enjoy show skating but maybe his dad would want him to get a job not related to skating. Let's let Brian decide on that.
    Hi, what does Brian Joubert's dad do for a living?

Custom Title
    I doubt it. He isnt even as much a threat now as he used to be and he will only become less of one in the coming years. I see him retiring after 2011 or 2012.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    When Plushenko said he would come back (finally..) the majority of people were screaming he would be too old at 27. I m glad he opened the way, and i guess 27 doesnt sound too old now, neither 30! So I wish Joubert keeps going until his heart say so, and this is the new info, Joubert will go for the summer to train in NA and search for a coach there. There are rumors about who his new coach might be, but are still rumors!
    Beginning next week, he will fly to Toronto to settle the details of his new programs.
    27 is a big difference from 30, Joubert is only a year younger than Plushenko is NOW. A few skaters past have been near the top at 26 or 27. That is pretty much the oldest for singles skaters. Plushenko also was nowhere near his prime level in Vancouver, the only reason he was able to medal was because his prime level was so dominant that he could be competitive even nowhere near what he used to be. A prime Plushenko would have destroyed the Vancouver field, certainly would have never lost to someone like Evan Lysacek the eventual winner. This is not the same as Joubert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2