Stars On Ice review | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice review

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
My Stars On Ice show was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! The best I've ever seen by far. All the
routines were great. I loved the music and costumes and choreography for the group numbers, and the individual routines were absolutely phenomenal. Evan's was amazing and I nearly lost my voice cheering. The other routines were good as well - Ben's actually pretty good at guitar. Evan introduced a quartet of Tanith, Ben, Meryl and Charlie, and in the process told us to vote for him on Dancing With The Stars. Sasha and Alissa also did a duet which was great. Other than Evan's routine, my favorite number was the closing. Evan skated in it (he didn't skate in the opening) and it was fantastic.
The meet and greet was before the show. We got there early and waited about an hour, but got to see the skaters warmup. Tanith and Ben came out to meet us and they were both super friendly and nice. I had them sign the cover of my SKATING magazine from when they won Olympic silver, and they were excited to see I still had it. Alissa also had stopped at the boards, so I had her sign my ticket, and she was also nice.
Evan was warming up, so I thought I may not get to meet him. But then after his warm up he came to the boards and I did get to meet him! He's so nice and sweet, and was so good to us. The staff was rushing him, so I only got a quick photo which didn't really turn out, but he signed the cover of my SKATING magazine from when he won Olympic gold. I'm still on an adrenaline high- it went above and beyond all expectations. It was everything I'd hoped for and more.
If any of you are considering going to a show and meet and greet - GO GO GO! It's something you'll cherish forever. I may have only had about 20 seconds with Evan, but no one can ever take that moment away from me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you got to meet the skaters. I have met Tanith and Ben, and they are so friendly to the fans. :yes:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may have only had about 20 seconds with Evan, but no one can ever take that moment away from me.
I suprised you stayed on your feet when you met Evan. :laugh: :laugh: Don't worry since you're the future Mrs. Lysacek you'll have more than 20 seconds with him. :clap: :clap:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks for your enthusiastic review and sharing your experience with us. Glad you got to meet Evan!
It is nice that even though B/A have retired from competitive skating they are still skating together with SOI.

Geez I will miss them next season - and Alissa too if she doesn't return.

R.D.

Record Breaker
My Stars On Ice show was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! The best I've ever seen by far. All the routines were great. I loved the music and costumes and choreography for the group numbers, and the individual routines were absolutely phenomenal. Evan's was amazing and I nearly lost my voice cheering. The other routines were good as well - Ben's actually pretty good at guitar. Evan introduced a quartet of Tanith, Ben, Meryl and Charlie, and in the process told us to vote for him on Dancing With The Stars. Sasha and Alissa also did a duet which was great. Other than Evan's routine, my favorite number was the closing. Evan skated in it (he didn't skate in the opening) and it was fantastic.
The meet and greet was before the show. We got there early and waited about an hour, but got to see the skaters warmup. Tanith and Ben came out to meet us and they were both super friendly and nice. I had them sign the cover of my SKATING magazine from when they won Olympic silver, and they were excited to see I still had it. Alissa also had stopped at the boards, so I had her sign my ticket, and she was also nice.
Evan was warming up, so I thought I may not get to meet him. But then after his warm up he came to the boards and I did get to meet him! He's so nice and sweet, and was so good to us. The staff was rushing him, so I only got a quick photo which didn't really turn out, but he signed the cover of my SKATING magazine from when he won Olympic gold. I'm still on an adrenaline high- it went above and beyond all expectations. It was everything I'd hoped for and more.
If any of you are considering going to a show and meet and greet - GO GO GO! It's something you'll cherish forever. I may have only had about 20 seconds with Evan, but no one can ever take that moment away from me.

Thanks for the review. And oh-so-true re. M&Gs. I was weighing whether or not to go to a Q&A/signing and I ultimately decided to go at the last minute. After I got back, I didn't get to ask everything but I KNOW I would have regretted not going much much more. If the opportunity arises, do everything in your power to try to make it...because you may never get another chance.

Last edited:

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I suprised you stayed on your feet when you met Evan. :laugh: :laugh: Don't worry since you're the future Mrs. Lysacek you'll have more than 20 seconds with him. :clap: :clap:

Quite frankly I'm surprised I stayed sane when I met Evan - I had to resist the urge to scream :)

I was planning on going to the Chicago show tonight and will go to it and the meet and greet assuming this lovely 103 degree fever goes away within the next seven hours....