Thread: Sarah Hughes

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Sarah Hughes

I noticed photos of her on Icenetwork from Harvard's Evening of Champions. She is very thin again. Is Sarah skating a lot again? What is she doing since her graduation?

Down With It
    If you're interested in keeping up with her, perhaps you should grab a Twitter account (if you don't have one already) and follow her on there. She's on there and she is active:

www.twitter.com/SarahHughesNY

She'll occasionally post pictures of various events in her life. Definitely recommended for any Sarah fan out there

ETA: To get to the question asked, it's actually not quite clear but it seems from her tweets she is just enjoying life for the time being. I heard she was interested in law school though.
    Last edited by R.D.; 05-08-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Custom Title
    Thanks R.D. I'm just not of the twitter generation, tho. I'm wondering how she got so skinny unless she is skating a lot.

Question: What would Sarah's score have looked like under COP? (oly gold skates). It was the most technically demanding ladies Oly skate up to that point. Is it still? Can you or some COP whiz break down that skate into COP points and compare to Yuna Kim?

Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    Thanks R.D. I'm just not of the twitter generation, tho. I'm wondering how she got so skinny unless she is skating a lot.

Question: What would Sarah's score have looked like under COP? (oly gold skates). It was the most technically demanding ladies Oly skate up to that point. Is it still? Can you or some COP whiz break down that skate into COP points and compare to Yuna Kim?
    I'm no COP expert, but I've seen tons of people on this board say that Sarah would have got many UR calls at the Olympics, and might have not won the gold medal under COP.

Custom Title
    It's so hard to compare a 6.0 program to COP programs, but I do think Sarah had some good aspects of her skating that would've helped her under COP. She included a COE spin. Her spirals and FW were pretty good. And she had lots of transitions in her programs. BUT she would've gotten hammered on her jumps. I think her salchow and axle are her most likely jumps to not be picked apart, probably also the toe, but the flip, (f)lutz and loop ending combos were iffy on URs.

I do think, programs as they were, Sarah would've been so far out of 1st after the SP, her 4th was a big gift under either system.

If Sarah had skated in Vancouver and was treated as leniently as the other Ladies were I think she would have been in the running.
    I forget her SP and am only referring to her LP.

I believe Sarah would have been given the benefit of the doubt on several of her jumps in Vancouver - just as Yuna, Mao, Mirai and Joannie were.

NBC replayed Yuna's opening 3x3 and Scott mumbled - very close - and it was on both jumps. Mao suddenly had fully rotated 3A's in Vancouver and Joannie stepped out of a couple of jumps that were treated lightly by the tech panel.

Who is to say how Sarah would have been judged? But we just can't forget she was skating under a different system and had the hardest program by FAR. Irina did not attempt a 3x3 let alone two of them and was a little sloppy herself on much easier jumps.