Savchenko and Szolkowy ready for another four years | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Szolkowy ready for another four years

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy entered the Olympic season as two-time and reigning World Pairs Champions and were considered top contenders for the Olympic Gold.

More

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am SO happy to hear this. I think they will really be the ones to beat with Pang/Tong and Shen/Zhao both gone. I can't wait to see more beautiful programs from these two.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I so love this team and am overjoyed that they're sticking with it! GOLD in SOCHI!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I am SO happy to hear this. I think they will really be the ones to beat with Pang/Tong and Shen/Zhao both gone. I can't wait to see more beautiful programs from these two.

Yay!!!!! But I thought Pang and Tong were back next season.. unless you're just referring to subsequent seasons, expecting them to retire after this one..

Hopefully, they can hold up for another 4 years of work. They are the best bravura team today and it is nice having them around. We have enough of the lovey/dovey teams.

cornell08

Final Flight
Good, now no more clown costumes!

:rofl: I second that.

Before their Worlds freeskate I thought P/T had the best freeskate program of the season, but Worlds was like a S/S we hadn't seen all season. It was beautiful and skated so joyfully. I would have given them the freeskate. Good luck to S/S!

I've always found them so elegant. I also enjoy Ingo Steuer's work with them. He's classy and innovative. All in all, it's great news to hear that they're continuing.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That is good news. Of all the pairs, including the World and Olympic champions, I enjoyed this teams long program the best at the 2010 games here in Vancouver. They skated it their best at the Olympics. It was a joy to watch and I still get moved to tears when I watch it.

Look forward to another great program from this team....

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I so love this team and I think they have no weaknesses. All I see are strengths and beauty when I watch them. I wish them all the fortune, success, good will, good health, and good luck in the world! GO ALIONA + ROBIN! :love: you both!!! :bow:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
I really like them! Their LP last season was lovely- Similar to their coach's style, but IMO more personality and elegance.