Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mao's Choreographers: Lori for LP and TAT for SP

Custom Title
    oh, was hoping she would not use TT. But I guess she feels comfortable. Can't beat Lori Nichols. Is David Wilson exclusively with Kim among the ladies?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    oh, was hoping she would not use TT. But I guess she feels comfortable. Can't beat Lori Nichols. Is David Wilson exclusively with Kim among the ladies?
    I am pretty sure he did at least one of Joannie's programs every season for a while now. But I would not see him working with yu-na big rival unless yu-na retires. speaking of which, isn't that announcement coming any day now? She said mid-May right?

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I was hoping she might go to Kenzi Miyamoto for her SP...after Dai 's fabulous program..oh well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I was hoping she might go to Kenzi Miyamoto for her SP...after Dai 's fabulous program..oh well.
    Maybe you can see the program choreographed by him at The Ice Show.
    Mai & Mao program is Kenji or Ms. Sakamoto,who did last year, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am pretty sure he did at least one of Joannie's programs every season for a while now. But I would not see him working with yu-na big rival unless yu-na retires. speaking of which, isn't that announcement coming any day now? She said mid-May right?
    yeah he's been Joannie's long time choreographer it seems... even before he was *THE* David Wilson

Custom Title
    woohoo thanks for the great news! can't wait to see Mao's new programs.

gonna be lots of hours/days/weeks/months constructing those programs together ~~

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    yeah he's been Joannie's long time choreographer it seems... even before he was *THE* David Wilson
    Yes but she stopped working with him in 2008. For the past two seasons she's worked with Lori and Shae-Lynn Bourne.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    TAT choreographed Ladies in Lavender. Lori Nichol did Clair de Lune. Ladies in Lavender was music from a soundtrack; I think music selection from another soundtrack is a good idea.
    Yes. I LOVE the Ladies in Lavender program. My all-time favorite from Mao. Rest assured people. Mao is in good hands (as long as if it's only the SP)

She'll get a well laid out program from Lauri, but will Mao put any of herself into it? I'm not talking about the Tech.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    She'll get a well laid out program from Lauri, but will Mao put any of herself into it? I'm not talking about the Tech.
    I too think Lori will give Mao a wonderful program. Sometimes young artists are still learning to put themselves into the programs, but just being themselves is a start. Mao has given us many beautiful programs by just being herself. Ever since COP, I haven't seen too many skaters putting themselves into the programs. Take this past olys ladies, I guess the only one on the podium who put herself into it was Rochette. Nagasu was being herself.

Here is a revew

http://olympicfanatic.com/2010/02/27...-ladies-final/

I do have some expectations from coaches and choreographers to spend time and put their heart and souls into the process to help skaters develop into "artists". (Much like Lori and Frank did for MK). Of course nowadays Lori is probably the #1 sought choreographers, does she have the time?
    Last edited by rtureck; 05-15-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2