Mao's Choreographers: Lori for LP and TAT for SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao's Choreographers: Lori for LP and TAT for SP

bibi24

Final Flight
woohoo thanks for the great news! can't wait to see Mao's new programs.

gonna be lots of hours/days/weeks/months constructing those programs together ~~

dlgpffps

Final Flight
TAT choreographed Ladies in Lavender. Lori Nichol did Clair de Lune. Ladies in Lavender was music from a soundtrack; I think music selection from another soundtrack is a good idea. :)

Yes. I LOVE the Ladies in Lavender program. My all-time favorite from Mao. Rest assured people. Mao is in good hands (as long as if it's only the SP;))

She'll get a well laid out program from Lauri, but will Mao put any of herself into it? I'm not talking about the Tech.

rtureck

Final Flight
She'll get a well laid out program from Lauri, but will Mao put any of herself into it? I'm not talking about the Tech.

I too think Lori will give Mao a wonderful program. Sometimes young artists are still learning to put themselves into the programs, but just being themselves is a start. Mao has given us many beautiful programs by just being herself. Ever since COP, I haven't seen too many skaters putting themselves into the programs. Take this past olys ladies, I guess the only one on the podium who put herself into it was Rochette. Nagasu was being herself.

Here is a revew

http://olympicfanatic.com/2010/02/27/figure-skating-a-few-late-thoughts-on-2010-ladies-final/

I do have some expectations from coaches and choreographers to spend time and put their heart and souls into the process to help skaters develop into "artists". (Much like Lori and Frank did for MK). Of course nowadays Lori is probably the #1 sought choreographers, does she have the time?

Last edited: