Did I miss something? Paul Wylie has THREE kids? | Golden Skate

Did I miss something? Paul Wylie has THREE kids?

princess9

On the Ice
why surprised? he's been married a long time and he's very family oriented, very Christian guy. so is his wife. don't know how old she is but maybe there will be more,

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
why surprised? he's been married a long time and he's very family oriented, very Christian guy. so is his wife. don't know how old she is but maybe there will be more,

I wasn't surprised, just a little shocked to read it as after Hannah (?) was born we didn't hear much about his family life... and TADA! he has three :laugh: I'm just glad I didn't miss announcements...

heard him speak at my church a few years back, such a great guy...

You heard him speak, Tonichelle? You lucky duck! He always seemed like such a nice guy, plus a smart one as well. I'm sure the talk he gave was interesting. He remains one of my favorite skaters, even after seeing people reel off bunches of quads (exaggerating a little here) as they do nowadays. His meticulous technique and emotional connection to the music pulled me in even before that magical Albertville Olympics.

princess9

On the Ice
Paul is the greatest American skater in the last 20 years. Okay, well maybe second to Brian. Not a great competitor but he'd be a golden guy had he better nerves and not been going to harvard too! He is mesmerizing!:love:

Last edited:
I'm not normally able to make statements about someone's being "the greatest" skater of a given time or place, but in this case, I'd have to agree. Except for Brian, Paul is the greatest American skater in the last two decades. Generally when people ask me to rank my favorite male skaters of recent times, I unhesitatingly put Kurt and Paul at the top of the list. I'm glad they both skated professionally for so long, so we could watch them grow as artists and as technicians. (And that Kurt is still skating!) One of the great Olympic skates ever was Paul's tremendous Henry V long program in Albertville.