Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: In any discipline what skate at the Olympics is your all time favorite?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I'm so glad you two (you were quoting rtureck about Shizuka's LP in 2006) feel this way. By coincidence, I went back last night to look at that program. She is an exquisite skater, and that Ina Bauer is simply glorious. I wouldn't put her at the top of my Olympics list because--well, there's Michelle, and Sasha, and YuNa, and Mao, and Peggy, and others as well, but she certainly deserves to be considered. This is where skating proves that it's not like baseball and never will be. No point score will ever be able to account for the unforgettable excellence of someone with the fifth-highest score, or the tenth-highest score, or whatever. And ain't it terrific that this is true?
    So true, every point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    From Albertville, and not everybodies cup of tea - but I always loved the creativity and originality of the Duchesnays.

Here is their Free Dance to West Side Story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h_Gz...eature=related
    Not supporting the Duchensays will go down as Skate Canada's biggest "what if....?"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I agree with you on this one. While some may say her program lacked technical difficulty, I feel she is just such a beautiful skater. Her long program is one that I could watch over and over.
    I also liked her fan spiral where she let go of her leg--beautiful and so difficult!

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by princess9 View Post
    I felt Elvis gave many great exciting perforances. You can't say that for Urmanov. And you can't say that for Kulik. Acc. to TAT he ran from competition as he feared losing. He was not a born competotor like Elvis. Only Elvis and God know how much pain he was in. I don't know Elvis but I loved his skating.
    Really? I found Kulik amazing. His 3A alone was enough to excite me.

Custom Title
    ladiezzz this year. no falls in the final flight wahoo! And overall a very splat-limited event

Custom Title
    Silverlake, I completely agree. I know that we all tend to look with starry eyes to past skates, but on the night of the ladies' long program, I felt I was watching history. They all lived up to the peak of their capabilities. And the top two went beyond expectations. What a splendid night. I'm sure people will be talking about it many years from now.

Rogue Leader
    Men's: Yagudin's Winter SP in 2002
    Ladies: Elizabeth Manley's fantastic, perfect and unexpected LP in 1988. I've never seen someone look more surprised to have skated so well
    Pairs: M&D Rach LP in 1994. I still think they were robbed.
    Dance: A&P's Romeo&Juliet FD from 1998. It's the program that moved dance from my least favourite to most favourite discipline. Honourable mention goes to V&M and both of their programs this year.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    ladiezzz this year. no falls in the final flight wahoo! And overall a very splat-limited event
    Not to mention that Kim Yuna's performances will surely rank among greatest OG medal winning performances ever.

Only problem is that I haven't been able to find a way to watch this year's performances over and over again :(

So I haven't grown as attached as to say, Sasha Cohen in 2006.

Off the top of my head, I think I'll watch Kim Yuna again and again and Mirai. Also Joannie's SP. I'll watch Evan, too. I always have fun watching the winners even if they are not my favorite because it's just fun to watch them win and their reaction and everything.

When I think of Mao, I'd much rather watch her performances from previous years, sadly enough. Hopefully, next year will bring programs from her that I'll feel like watching again in 10 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Antilles View Post
    Men's: Yagudin's Winter SP in 2002
    Ladies: Elizabeth Manley's fantastic, perfect and unexpected LP in 1988. I've never seen someone look more surprised to have skated so well
    Pairs: M&D Rach LP in 1994. I still think they were robbed.
    Dance: A&P's Romeo&Juliet FD from 1998. It's the program that moved dance from my least favourite to most favourite discipline. Honourable mention goes to V&M and both of their programs this year.
    I saw Elizabeth's 1988 LP on youtube and really enjoyed it.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Ladies
    SP - Joannie Rochette 2010 (I wouldn't wish the circumstances she skated under on my worst enemy, skating 2 days after your mother's death on the world's biggest sports stage in your home country, and yet she managed to skate the most successful SP of her career under ALL THAT PRESSURE - just INCREDIBLE!)
    LP - Yu-Na Kim 2010

Men
    SP - Stephane Lambiel 2006
    LP - Alexei Yagudin 2002

Pairs
    SP - Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze 2002
    LP - Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze 2002 (I still think they should have been sole owners of Olympic Gold!)

Dance
    OD - Davis/White 2010
    FD - Anissina/Peizerat 1998
    Last edited by museksk8r; 05-21-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4