Another one bites the dust ... | Golden Skate

Another one bites the dust ...

Kasey

Medalist
Geeze...I can see it now. In the paper, on the weekends they show GP events, a figure skating injury report, just like football!

Makes ya wonder if the technical aspect isn't being pushed too far these days? Hope they are both better soon.

Kasey

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
My goodness. This year is getting as bad as last year. Its all ladies it seems this year too. Last year I felt like it was mainly the guys. I hope both these young skaters are well for Nationals. I would like to see them both in Atlanta! :D

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A woman on Skatefans who frequents Mok's rink reported about 3 days ago that Mok is back jumping again . I hope that Mok has withdrawn only because she feels she does not have adequate time to prepare and will still be at Nat's. Does anyone know what AP's injury is?

Does anyone know who will replace them at their events?
Is Michelle going to do another, "Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in?"

dpp

Last edited:
Doris, with only Cup of Russia and NHK to go, I don't think they will need Michelle to "save" them this year. Skate America last year was another story. They built up Sarah Hughes' participation so much, they were really in trouble if they didn't have another American star when Sarah withdrew. Except perhaps for U.S. television (are COR and NHK even going to be shown?) the other GP events are not so crucial to the American audience.

And we will have Sasha to root for in the GP final!

Mathman

Last edited:

euterpe

Medalist
Cup of Russia replacements are Diana Poth (HUN) who won silver medals at Golden Spin and Vienna Cup, and Kristina Oblasova (RUS), who finished 5th at Golden Spin.

No NHK replacements have been posted as yet.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
If Michelle doesn't compete at Nationals, and with so many injuries to the American ladies, it might be a "walk-over" for Sasha this year................42

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mathman, Heather's TV schedule shows that COR and NHK will be on TV, but the last of NHK will not be broadcast until after the Grand Prix Final, go figure.

dpp

mpal2

Final Flight
Lifetime strikes again. They just can't seem to keep up with the rest of the event.