Johnny hosting Miss USA tonight-LOL | Golden Skate

Johnny hosting Miss USA tonight-LOL

princess9

On the Ice
Johnny judging Miss USA tonight-LOL

His costume is outrageous - makes Lady Gaga look underdone. I could only see the top tho. LMAO!

He clearly wants some attention in this room full of these USA women. :eek::rolleye:

Last edited:

princess9

On the Ice
Johnny asked a question, changed his costume to a top that would look good on Liza Minelli and had matching headband. I've seen a much plainer headband on Ilia Kulik and don't like this look at all. I'm not sure if this is a Russian style thing but I am beginning to think that he will do some drag queen thing in the future. I think skating judges and conventional tours are not going to like the direction he's taking. I am not sure how or why the Trump organization chose Johnny for a judge, but the winner will be contoversial, too. As a fan of his skating, I think his outfits are getting rediculous. This behavior reminds me of Cher's crazy outfits when she did not win the Oscar years ago and was protesting.

Well, I was expecting a very different look. From Ostrich to sequins!:no:

pista04

On the Ice
As a huge pagaent fan, I gotta point out a few things.

Why Weir? Because, like it or not, he truly is a cultural phenomenon. And, like it or not, he is a household name. While I personally am a fan, people can call him over dramatic, and obsessed with attention, but can't deny that the average person knows him, even if it is just as that "___ male skater" (fill in the blank with whatever term you wish).

And, as a pagaent fan, I am almost a little annoyed that you think whoever had won would have been controversial. We have had 2 controversial beauty queens (Tara Conner, Miss USA 2006, and Carrie Prejean, Miss CA USA 2009 who didn't even win Miss USA)....but how many beautiful, moral and successful woman? Just to sum it up, Miss USA 2009 Kristen Dalton worked with the US Armed Forces and Haiti, and nearly all of the past girls have worked and fundraised for Breast Cancer and traveled to overseas American troops.

And, to finish my little side rant of your comment....Miss USA 2010, crowned with the judging of Weir, was Miss Michigan USA Rima Fakih, the first Arabic-American Miss USA...want to call that controversial? I call that beautiful and a good message to Americans, especially youth: the woman representing us at Miss Universe isn't that blonde or brunette girl, or even a proud African-American, but a proud Arabic-American.

Penny

On the Ice
They were all beautiful, and the winner has beauty and personality, but really, Miss Colorado was my pick. Most natural hair, most beautiful complexion. Oh dear, this isn't about figure skating...

princess9

On the Ice
Thanks for link Polymerbob! Great view of the top!LOL Fortunately the contestants had better taste. As far as the winner, she is controversial with a great many conservative (the average)muslims. She is muslim and I think you know how the majority feel about Bikini shoots. She is stunning, ITA and very likeable. As far as the other aspects, I'll leave that to folks to google her name if interested. Not sure what to believe about alledged family ties in Lebanon. If true, then very controversial choice and odd. I personally am not a pageant fan, nor Trump fan. It happened to be on TV and I recalled Johnny was to be involved. I have always loved his skating.

Johnny Weir is not yet a household name. He does not have that level of recognition by far. Unless you only count skating fans, gay households and New Yorkers. Unfortunately, these outfits and his antics are partly why we won't see much of him anymore in America as he made himself, "too much" for SOI. Asian and Russian fans will see him skate more than us. Well, I can at least rewatch his last two skates. It remains to be seen how many minutes of his 15 minutes remain.

Last edited:

pista04

On the Ice
While those demographics do indeed know Johnny Weir, you must remember he was known to all who watched the olympics, as well as all those who watched MSNBC, CNN and Fox News afterwards in regards to the canadian comments about masculinity. He was on entertainment shoes where he discussed this, as well as all those who watched his TV show. He, in some ways, can definitely be said to be a household name, and if not that then at the VERY least a headline maker that definiately deserved his spot as a judge, because that is what the MUO wants.

And, all of those websites about Miss USA 2010 Rima Fakih are redicules. The ones with the "terrorist ties" **** all quote back to one women's blog who, if you read her other posts, believes in things from Obama being a terrorist to gays being the reincarnation of the devil or something. You want to use that as a valid source? Go right ahead. Her funding was from an Arab American leader...but, the leader of the Anti-Defamation Arabic group in Dearborn, MI...so if that's a terrorist, I don't know what my name is.

I do believe Johnny's hair style will be adopted by all the pugilists soon. They need to up their sport.

As for Ms Fakhik, it was nice to see her win the trophy. She deserved it. A few years back a contestant when asked about what she will do if she become Miss America. She said she would help people with Aids and work for a cure. She won, btw, and all the contestants who said they would help the children - the usual staple for winning didn't.

princess9

On the Ice
No Pista, I did not read all the links as I am not a pageant fan and Of course I realize that lots of things are said on the internet which are just some crazy opinion. That is why I said nothing but google away to anyone interested in her. I think Johnny will lose his notoriety when he no longer competes, because what exactly will keep him in the news if not his skatiing?

Sadly SOI did not want him and there are just a few US TV specials left. I will miss his skating very much.