Article about Tanith Belbin and Charlie White | Golden Skate

Article about Tanith Belbin and Charlie White

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the article. They are going to move in together, it must be love. Tanith will have to keep
herself busy when Charlie is on the road competing next season. Cute couple.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am very surprised they both are so open about their relationship, most well-known couples choose to downplay it or even deny. Moving in together is a big step...Charlie is still in college and has such a different life with competitions etc.

princess9

On the Ice
I think they should dance together. Finally some real chemistry on ice for Tanith. I'd love to see them together. I find Meryl so annoying. How do you say D-I-V-A. Sorry, Tanith is just so much sweeter, or so it seems.

aurora100

Final Flight
Here is a link to an article on people.com's website regarding Charlie White and Tanith Belbin. I thought I wouls share it with you. It also talks about Tanith and Charlie's future plans.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20386028,00.html

Wow, i have no idea how Charlie can compete against someone he loves. They weren't just competing in same discipline or same competition, Davis and White usurped Belbin and Agosto as #1 team in US! Love matches are made in strangest ways.......

*Sniper*

On the Ice
"Now, the best thing is being able to see Charlie every day and wake up next to him in the morning"

Leaving nothing to the imagination!
Congrats to the happy couple.
Hope it lasts.

yangjie

On the Ice
so D/W will continue to skate?

thats amazing!.

what is Ben Agost's plan after retiring?

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
"Now, the best thing is being able to see Charlie every day and wake up next to him in the morning"

Leaving nothing to the imagination!
Congrats to the happy couple.
Hope it lasts.

Well, maybe Tanith should have been less concerned with lying next to Charlie, and more concerned with standing next to Ben .......

.................... on an Olympic podium. :sheesh:

I find Meryl so annoying. How do you say D-I-V-A. Sorry, Tanith is just so much sweeter, or so it seems.

Oh, not at all. Tanith is sweet, but Meryl is also totally down to earth. They both go out of their way to be friendly to fans.

I've been noticing Ben when he's dancing with Tanith. It seems to me that he is getting tired of competing. They really have gone as far as they are going. Just my thoughts, not at all sure. The two teams that were stand outs for me in 2007 Tokyo Worlds were Davis/White and Virtue/Moir, and let's face it both those teams have moved ahead of B/A since then.

Since there was never any romance noted between Tanith and Ben, it's time for a change. No? I believe we will see a retiring factor and the real question is what will Ben do?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Oh, not at all. Tanith is sweet, but Meryl is also totally down to earth. They both go out of their way to be friendly to fans.

Yeah, Meryl seems like a sweetheart. On the ice she has a more regal bearing than Tanith, though (who's more obviously charming), which clashes with Charlie's more folksy demeanour.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Much as I admire Charlie's hair, I think it's time that it stayed off in the season. He needs an older look.

And I'll be interested to see what effects, if any, there are from skating their first tour, something they've never done before.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I find Meryl so annoying. How do you say D-I-V-A.

I can only speak from my personal experience but that is SO not the impression I got when I met her at the pre-show reception.

Of course, who knows what she is really like, but I can tell you that for those 5 minutes she was very friendly to everyone. She and Alyssa- my favorite skater encounters thus far. both very pleasant.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Yes, White definitely needs a new haircut.
That is basically a 13-year-old's face (with a 5 o'clock shadow) on a grown man's body.
All the more, Tanith looks more mature and womanly than her 25 years. (to me anyway)

Their rivalry aside, it seems a bit of an odd paring....
Well, whatever makes them happy!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm with Sniper though of course I don't know either personally. But the images they project seem far apart in terms of maturity. Charlie looks 18 going on 13 and Tanith looks a very poised, confident, mature 25+ -- not as in aged but just as in mature and very adult. But if they're drawn to each other I hope they can make it work and be happy! I didn't need to hear the part about waking up beside him, though -- not in the least graphically explicit but still more than I wanted to know!

Antilles

Medalist
I would think Ben has moved back to the area, too. Isn't his long-time girlfriend, Merrie, still there? It would be nice for Tanith and Ben to do Stars on Ice next season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope both teams will be on Stars On Ice next year! It's nice to have two dance couples for a change.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Yes, White definitely needs a new haircut.
That is basically a 13-year-old's face (with a 5 o'clock shadow) on a grown man's body.
All the more, Tanith looks more mature and womanly than her 25 years. (to me anyway)

Their rivalry aside, it seems a bit of an odd paring....
Well, whatever makes them happy!

I agree. I think Charlie is wondering how he got this lucky, waking up to one of People's 50 most beautiful people every morning.