Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek Vs. Abbott: National Performances

Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    From this article on icenetwork:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

I can’t find the quote right now , but somewhere there’s a bit about how Camerlengo was not thrilled with the music choice for the LP. (But he sure did a masterful job with what he was given to work with)
    Wasn't Jeremy's first choice to skate to Jupiter? He changed it to Symphony No. 3 by Camille Saint-Saens. Maybe that was Camerlengo's wish?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Wasn't Jeremy's first choice to skate to Jupiter? He changed it to Symphony No. 3 by Camille Saint-Saens. Maybe that was Camerlengo's wish?
    yes, I too was wondering which music choice Camerlengo didn't like. Saint-Saens was just perfect for Abbott IMO.

Custom Title
    Wasn't the Jupiter LP done by Dickson?

But even then, there was other music first , that didn't work. Then Jupiter.

Then the choreographer change and the St Saens . But I can't find where I read that (that Camerlengo wasn't thrilled with St Saens), so maybe I was mistaken? Anyone else remember that?
    Last edited by centerpt1; 05-22-2010 at 12:54 PM.

I wonder who will do the choreo this year...
    Thrilling to think about it

Wasn't the Jupiter LP done by Dickson?
    I think you are right.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    ***?! And you think Evan looks good wearing a skin tight costume with a cross on his chest, dressed as a black christmas tree, wearing snakes across his body, dressed as a black feathery bird, and looking like he's going to a Star Trek convention?
    Huh?

Dude. My point was that Jeremy would look better in black ... :sheesh:

I'm not convinced that the color of a costume or a music selection are paramount to win a championship. Wearing whatever, and skating to whatever, will win if a skater skates the best that day/night. Abbott has his moments on the ice but he still needs consistency.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm not convinced that the color of a costume or a music selection are paramount to win a championship. Wearing whatever, and skating to whatever, will win if a skater skates the best that day/night. Abbott has his moments on the ice but he still needs consistency.
    It's not paramount at all. Plenty of people have won wearing horrendous things. Hello, Oksana's fuzzy pink sleeves in 1994?

My post was not meant to be so serious ...

Custom Title
    There is an old joke ....... "What is the difference between a Yankee Stadium hotdog and a Fenway Park hotdog?" .........

......... "You can have a Yankee Stadium hotdog in November."

I know I'm in the minority here, but that's what I think is wrong with Jeremy's beautiful freeskate. Where was it during his 2 World Championships? Where was it during the Olympics?
    Last edited by PolymerBob; 05-25-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Medalist
    Jeremy's 2010 Nationals FS was a work of art; and a performance for the ages.
    When such "magic" happens can't be predicted, or "manufactured".

I would love to have seen something similar at the Olympics.
    However, I'm grateful to have seen it, wherever it occurred!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Jeremy's 2010 Nationals FS was a work of art; and a performance for the ages.
    When such "magic" happens can't be predicted, or "manufactured".
    Unfortunately, I feel we can predict how Jeremy will do at Nationals next year, ..........
    ...... then how he will do at Worlds.

Banned
    It depends. If the skates were before Evan become a World or/and Olympic Champion then Jeremy for sure. If the skates were after Evan become a World or/and Olympic Champion then Evan for sure.

Technically I think Evan's program was better, but Jeremy's was a better artistic performance. Evan's artistry and non-jump elements have really improved since 2007, comparing this program to his 2010 programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    When Abbott skates like that, that, to me, is IJS at its best.
    I have been a fan of Abbott since I saw his performances live in Finlandia Trophy some years ago. Unfortunately Abbott does not seem to shine in major international competitions, his best performances have occurred in US Nationals and in GPF in one year. Has he a tendency to peak too early or is he just a not very good competitor in bigger events than Nationals?

Custom Title
    Jeremy was the first American man to win the Senior Grand Prix Final. Then when he won Nationals, I had high hopes. But he faltered at Worlds ( twice ) and the Olympics.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Jeremy was the first American man to win the Senior Grand Prix Final. Then when he won Nationals, I had high hopes. But he faltered at Worlds ( twice ) and the Olympics.
    It's such a pity. His 2010 Nationals LP is one of my favorite CoP figure skating moments. He had me riding such high, high hopes. I thought he was destined to become a decorated skater, with a World title, possibly two. If those Nationals performances had materialized in Vancouver, he might just have won the whole thing. Then maybe we wouldn't have had that nasty fight over a quadless champion. But oh well. Fate has it that he falters on the big stage. I'm hoping his luck will change next year. His talent is too big to let waste without a fitting crown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast